A couple of OT questions

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Furillo

A couple of OT questions

Postby Furillo » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:07 pm

1. Looking for a plug that listens to my left hand chord and adds a harmony note to what I play with the right. Think Toto and Africa solo. Is there any?

2. Want to start dabbling with light control. I have a couple of led sets that I'd like to trigger thru midi. What would be a good midi/usb to dmx adapter for this?

Sorry for the OT and thanks!
Hardware: HP Spectre x360 i7 8GB 512GB, 2 x M-Audio Keystation 61, Roland UM-One, Kenton Midi Merge-4, Roland Integra-7, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack
Software: Forte 4, EHCo, NI Komplete 9 + some extras, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Keyscape

yamus

Re: A couple of OT questions

Postby yamus » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Can't help you with 1 or 2, but just wanted to say I like what you're looking for in #1. That Toto solo is cool, though I figured either overdubbed or more impressively played live with two hands! Regarding 1, there might be something out there, but I haven't heard of it. Light control, that's something I'd like to get into, but no experience with midi to DMX. Don't really even know DMX, even though our band has a DMX controller. Hopefully someone else will be able to give you (and me) some useful info!

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:18 am

Regarding 1. It looks like Antares Harmony Engine EVO can do this, although I think it needs a sidechain which forte doesn't support.

You could also try MeldaProduction MMultiBandHarmonizer. I don't know if it has this function, but it has a lot of functions and demoing is free of course.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Furillo

Postby Furillo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:49 am

Thanks for your replies!

Regarding #1, I should've clarified that the plug should listen to midi, not audio, although it probably wouldn't have made a difference... It's strange that this doesn't seem to exist when every kids keyboard has this function.

Regarding #2, I found this which seems pretty straightforward. I just want to to basic stuff like black out, fixed color, flash the lights when i hit a specific key or a pad, and such. I have EHCo btw.
Hardware: HP Spectre x360 i7 8GB 512GB, 2 x M-Audio Keystation 61, Roland UM-One, Kenton Midi Merge-4, Roland Integra-7, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack
Software: Forte 4, EHCo, NI Komplete 9 + some extras, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Keyscape

ohernie

Postby ohernie » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:11 pm

I think this is why people use Bome's Midi Translator along with Forte.

xpansion

Postby xpansion » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:29 am

As far as number 2 goes, we use a Chauvet Xpress 512 usb to dmx lighting dongle along with the companion ShowXpress software to run our entire lightshow. I HAVE worked with triggering this from various midi events for certain things and it is certainly doable. ShowXpress works as a translator of midi events to triggering scenes you set up in ShowXpress to drive the lights.

Now, this being said, our soundman's wife usually runs the lights remotely from an Android tablet connected via WiFi to ShowXpress so I haven't done any midi triggering as of late. She does a far better job than I since she's not playing multiple instruments and singing.

X

Return to “Forte and EHCo”