Will saving racks in "Use offline" mode retain audio/MIDI preferences

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

evilantal

Will saving racks in "Use offline" mode retain audio/MIDI preferences

Postby evilantal » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm using the Producer Edition of forte 4 (latest version) and have a question about working with hardware profiles.

If I use my laptop without my MIDI controllers and audio interface attached, I can choose to open a rack with an existing hardware config in "offline mode".
If I then edit and save the rack, will the saved file retain the original MIDI and audio interface settings as the original rack so that I won't have to set those up again?
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

yamus

Re: Will saving racks in "Use offline" mode retain audio/MIDI preferences

Postby yamus » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:07 am

I think it does. Sometimes when I don't have my main rig set up, and I need to rearrange the set list, I'll fire up forte on a different laptop, and load in safe mode, bypassing all VSTi's loading, and use hardware offline, so basically there's NOTHING loading except the XML file. I'll then rearrange my set list, save the .rcf file, then load later on my main rig and everything works. So I'd say yes.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:17 pm

It should. The way offline works is that it creates "virtual" audio/midi ports with the identity of the missing hardware.

Please be sure and use backups and try it out, but its certainly intended to work.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:12 pm

Thanks everyone, that's reassuring.
Going to start using it (with backups).

EDIT: Confirmed that it works as expected
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Return to “Forte and EHCo”