Erroneous initialization of plugins

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Mr Beverage

Erroneous initialization of plugins

Postby Mr Beverage » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:29 pm

There seems to be something causing plugin preset settings to be changed (to lowest values?) upon loading a rack, or moving to certain scenes for the first time after loading a rack. (what I mean by "low" values is, all the synth controls are turned to the left, resulting in no sound at all. Everything turned to zero. Then I have to select, or re-select the preset with my mouse.)
Specifically, I have a DX-7 emulation vsti: ===> http://www.kvraudio.com/product/dexed-b ... l-suburban <===
I have this plugin's console settings as follows:
Basic default MIDI routing ch1, no layers, 1 key range, no transpose, and control mapping is "disable all"
Scene Commands are left default, (setting to "No..." or "Do not..." is no help)
Interestingly, if I save the rack with that instrument bus muted; the plugin's preset settings will switch from all "low values" to the normal
preset settings the instant I unmute that bus.
I can load the rack, open the console and watch the plugin's control knobs switch to the correct settings as soon as I unmute it!
Hmmmm... Is this a bug? Known or unknown issue?? Am I missing something here?
I have also watched this phenomenon happen with my Kontakt 5 Vintage Organs. The Organ knobs are "reset" all to the left and all organ stops are pulled out!
Also, it does not happen to all Dexed or Kontakt busses in all racks. Only some. But when it does happen, it happens EVERY time.
I have been putting many hours into my rack configurations and was planning on go "live" in a couple weeks.
This may be a "show stopper" for me if I can't at least find a reliable "work around", so I would appreciate some brain power looking into this problem.
Thanks much,
Mr B.

MikeG

Re: Erroneous initialization of plugins

Postby MikeG » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:56 am

Have you seen this? http://feedback.brainspawn.com/knowledg ... n-problems

especially the device compatibility file stuff?

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Mr Beverage

Postby Mr Beverage » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:53 pm

RackedBrain

Postby RackedBrain » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Mr B,

Have you gotten any further with this? Do you think it's related to your other post about garbage settings of VSTs?

I think it is. I use a Kontakt rack with several instruments where, in Kontakt:

MIDI 1 = Acoustic Grand Piano
MIDI 2 = Other pianos/electric/upright, etc
MIDI 3 = Accordians and pads
MIDI 4 = Solo strings
MIDI 5 = Orchestra/band instruments
MIDI 6 = Organs
MIDI 7 = Choirs and synths
MIDI 8 = Synths and pads

I use volume and MIDI routing to select what I want along with B4, HALion, and other Komplete 8 instruments.

I had to create a STARTUP preset with everything muted. I put it at the beginning of each rack and ALWAYS save with STARTUP loaded. As careful as I can be, I still get controllers spewing from SOMEWHERE into Kontakt. Suddenly, Rhodes pianos will have strange and unusual effects, strings will be de-tuned, synth patches will have sounds completely different than I programmed, etc. The only sure cure is to re-load the Kontakt Multi after loading the rack. It will be fine for a while then randomly goes nuts again.

Any ideas?
RackedBrain
(Richard)

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm also interested in getting to a conclusion on this.

I think this probably has something to do with how DeviceCompatibility settings work for Kontakt 5. I only recently added K5 settings and they apply on scene capture, not scene apply.

I may try to add some options to determine how scenes are applied.

But I also need to figure out if (for instance we are saving an FXB binary blob from K5) should we never save params?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

RackedBrain

Postby RackedBrain » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:01 am

Hi Mike,

I've looked into the DeviceCompatibility.XML file. I don't see anything for Kontakt 5 in there. Maybe there is a later version than what I have? I looked through the Registry and the Interwebs for the CLSID for K5--nothing I could find.

I've made a copy of my \users\..\roaming\brainspawn\forte 4\ directory and device compatibility files and placed them in my dropbox available here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/561e72iqqnhc ... bR73a?dl=0

I'll leave these here for a week or so. If there's anything else, let me know.

RackedBrain
Richard

Mr Beverage

Postby Mr Beverage » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:29 pm

RackedBrain

Postby RackedBrain » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:57 am

I installed the latest beta and got the new DeviceCompatibility.XML Mike uploaded. I still have my "MIDI random controller firewall" implemented with MT. So far, I haven't seen the problem again. Need to do some more testing, but so far so good. :D

RackedBrain
(Richard)

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:47 pm

Great news. Thanks.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

Return to “Forte and EHCo”