Forte 4 and Windows 10

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Forte 4 and Windows 10

Postby Burtan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Hey guys,

Windows 10 will be released 29.07.2015 and Win 7/8 users will be offered a free upgrade. Thus, one could easily upgrade to it. Has anyone tried the beta? What could be improvements of Win 10?

Re: Forte 4 and Windows 10

Postby MikeG » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:00 pm

FYI - I don't expect Forte to have to change for Windows 10 but we are getting to the point where XP support is difficult/impossible.

I will be HEAVILY pushing Windows 10 as the best Forte OS platform.
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Postby yamus » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:27 am

Good to know, glad to continue to have Brainspawn continuing to support forte as OSes develop. Thanks Mike!

Postby Burtan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:28 am

I support your idea to take Windows as the next go to OS :-). I've just ported my system to the preview and it's mostly working well. However, I experiences some glitches when using some CPU-heavy Diva instances. I realized that the CPU doesn't reclock and the glitches disappear when I force full CPU speed. Interestingly, when using CPU-heavy settings in Kontakt 5, there is nearly no difference between reclocking and forced full CPU speed. I'm tending to say, it was better on W7 regarding Diva, but I might be wrong. Anyway, is the plugin itself responsible for CPU reclocking or is this done by Forte?

Return to “Forte and EHCo”