Problem with m-audio midisport interface

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

steo_berto

Problem with m-audio midisport interface

Postby steo_berto » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:24 am

Hi everybody!

I just joined this forum because i am really interested in knowing how to use forte!

Unfortunately i am experiencing a problem with my m-audio midisport usb interface wich is connected to the pc by usb and to my piano casio cdp100.

It seems that forte does not receive any input from midi when i try playing the piano.

Is there any configuration that should be changed? Do you know the latest driver for the m-audio midi interface ? Because i am using windows standard ones.

If anyone helped me it would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

steo_berto

Re: Problem with m-audio midisport interface

Postby steo_berto » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 am

I post you the data of the m-audio midi interface:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Uno.html

Moreover, i am using win 7 home (of course original) on a sony vaio.

giovanni78

Postby giovanni78 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:04 am

Why don´t you download and install the correct driver for the Midisport Uno from the M-Audio website at first (instead of the Windows one)?

Go under "Support" -> "Drivers & Updates" -> select series -> select product -> select OS -> download driver and install

I don´t have any product from M-Audio, but I found the driver after 20 seconds search on the website...

After restarting Windows try again (with the MIDI channel of your Casio CDP100 set to 1; should be default setting). IMPORTANT: You have to choose the correct "MIDI Input Port" under "Options" -> "Preferences" in Forte (your Midisport should appear in the list after installing the driver).

All the best, :)

Jo
www.coverband-handsup.de

steo_berto

Postby steo_berto » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:38 pm

Thank you for your kind reply!
I also found fhat driver but i was not sure it was correct.

Now i am not at home but i will try as soon as i am back and i will let you know.

Thanks again!

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”