still experiencing audio distortion on some scene changes

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

evilantal

still experiencing audio distortion on some scene changes

Postby evilantal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:03 am

Hi everyone,

I am still experiencing audio distortions on scene change. Migrating to forte 3 64-bit cured most of these, but not all.
It happens when I change to certain scenes. After the scene change the audio signal from one or more plugs will be extermely distorted to the point that it isn't audible anymore. Specifically this has been happening recently with Modartt's Pianoteq.
Stopping and restarting the Audio engine via the rack power button cures this, but as you can imagine there's no time for that during a show.
Also... on some occasions, clicking the power button at this point crashes forte (without any error messages, just cold to the desktop).

What could be the issue here and what could I do about it? It can't be a systems resources issue as I'm running a high end system.

Some further info:
EMU 1616M PCI soundcard with proprietary drivers
Forte 3 64-bit latest beta 57
Plugs 64-bit: Cakewalk Dimension LE, GForce MTron Pro, Loomer String, Modartt Pianoteq 4 STAGE, Native Instruments FM8, u-he Zebra, u-he DIVA, Dirk's AuxBus Faders, TAL-Chorus-60, Freeverb 3 (single precision)
Plugs 32-bit via jbridge: GSI MrRay73 MarkII, GSI VB3, Gunnar Ekornas Messiah, SonicProjects OP-X Player, Dirk's Basic Strip, Variety of Sound NastyDLA, Variety of Sound RescueAE

The Pianoteq module chains like so:
Pianoteq --> AuxBus 1 --> Reverb Bus --> Freeverb3 --> AuxBus 2 --> Main Output Bus
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Return to “Forte and EHCo”