Try out the new forum

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

MikeG

Try out the new forum

Postby MikeG » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi Folks,

I've decided to transition my support ticketing system over to Freshdesk and it happens to include the knowledgebase features, wish list features, and forums that I have had to cobble together in the past from different sources. I intend to slowly transition the forums over to http://support.brainspawn.com/support/d ... 9000152581. The entire support portal is moving to http://support.brainspawn.com and this integrates ticketing, knowledge base search, wish list, and forums all in one handy spot. For instance, if a forum discussion reveals a Forte bug, I can easily transform it into a ticket (bug report). It also means I don't have to keep track of phpBB3 user accounts and updates and manage the entire board infrastructure.

I won't close this down yet and I'll leave it in read only form for a long time, so don't feel pressure to move, but if you feel so inclined please check out the new system.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

evilantal

Re: Try out the new forum

Postby evilantal » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:52 am

Looks good!

There's no mirroring between the two forums, am I right? So things I post here aren't visible on the new forum and vice versa.
How will we make the transition without having to read two forums all the time. Should we decide upon that ourselves as a community or will it be imposed?
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

MikeG

Re: Try out the new forum

Postby MikeG » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Yeah - sorry I won't be able to mirror these.

I hope we can make a happy transition together over time. I'm not interested in killing a community over a tool. I won't impose anything. But if I see that traffic does migrate there, I'll eventually mark this one read only and we'll consider the transition complete.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”