Plugin-Manager shows plugins under "ignored files" which don't exist anymore or have a different path than vst folder

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

liveplayer

Plugin-Manager shows plugins under "ignored files" which don't exist anymore or have a different path than vst folder

Postby liveplayer » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:54 pm

Hey there,

my plugin-manager show plugins under "Ignored Files" which don't exist anymore or which are saved at another place on the computer. They are elsewhere and not in my standard-vst-folder. Is it normal that Forte seems to scan the whole computer for plugins, although I only specified one folder? And how do I get rid of the "ghost-entries"? Here is a picture where you can see what I mean:

https://pl.vc/b2v51

Greetings!

evilantal

Re: Plugin-Manager shows plugins under "ignored files" which don't exist anymore or have a different path than vst folde

Postby evilantal » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:36 am

Yes, these ignored plugin entries are retained in a static list as far as I know.
You can use the "Remove from this list" button at the bottom to remove them.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

liveplayer

Re: Plugin-Manager shows plugins under "ignored files" which don't exist anymore or have a different path than vst folde

Postby liveplayer » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:44 pm

Right, I could use this button. But after restarting "Forte", all the old plugins are there again. Does this also happen on other installations or only on my one? Let's find out if it is a feature or a bug :-)

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:56 am

Are you running a fresh discovery of your plugins after removing them from the list?
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

liveplayer

Postby liveplayer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:05 am

No, I just delete them and do a restart of the program. Then the ghost-plugins appear again in the "Ignored List". Nothing major. But very confusing. The function of deleting them doesn't seem to work.

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:59 am

liveplayer

Postby liveplayer » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:02 pm

Mhm, this didn't help. They are still there ... do you also have this "feature"?

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:24 am

I haven't had this "feature" in the past. Sounds like a bug.
It's been a while (and forte versions) since I've used the functionality, though.

What forte version are you using when you get this behavior?

liveplayer

Postby liveplayer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:03 pm

I am running Forte 4.1.9.25. Mhm. Do you think I should ask MikeG about it? If it's a bug it is perhaps worth for him to know it ...

Mr Beverage

Postby Mr Beverage » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:35 pm

Forte Plugin Manager has a tab called "VST Scan Folders" where you define the path for Forte to find your plugins. You'll want to check that screen and remove any search paths that you no longer want Plugin Manager to use before you rescan.
Hope this helps,
Mr. B.

liveplayer

Postby liveplayer » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:58 pm

I checked this already. There is only one folder defined in the folder list. Luckily, this "behaviour" only appears in the ignored plugins tab. But still, it is strange ...

yamus

Postby yamus » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:15 pm

I think this is a bug. The way to get rid of these instruments is to edit the plugins.xml (for 32 bit forte) or plugins64.xml (for 64 bit forte) file. You can get to these files by starting forte, then going to Tools, then "View INI files and application folder." FIRST, BACKUP THE EXISTING FILE in case you have problems. Then, open the file in a file editor like Notepad++ (https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.9.2.html). Scroll to the bottom of the file, you will find a bunch of lines that start with "<Ignore> ...</Ignore>". Delete all of these lines, BEING CAREFUL TO LEAVE THE LAST XML tag, "</Plugins>". Save the file, then reopen forte. You should be good to go.

-Mike

liveplayer

Postby liveplayer » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:42 am

Thanks for all your answers. The one of yamus was the one to go. It was as simple as editing a html-document. It really seems to be a bug. Doing a full rescan, the "ignore"-list is empty at first. But re-opening Forte, there are again the "old" ignored-entries.

Are you "our" MikeG from the official support or are you "another" Mike, yamus? If you are the "Brainspawn-Mike", I don't need to report the bug anymore. If not, I would write a user vioce / support request ...

yamus

Postby yamus » Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:26 am

I'm not the great and powerful Mike G. I have brought this up before to Mike, but honestly, I think it's more of nuisance/annoyance than an inhibitor to productivity. I'm glad it worked for you though, and I'm sure Mike will see this thread eventually!

-Mike

liveplayer

Postby liveplayer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Alright, yamus. Even if you are not the great MikeG, your lines were very helpful :-)

I totally agree with you that it is just a cosmetic thing. And perhaps I leave it like it is. If MikeG sees it, he might react. But if not ... also not a problem :-)

Thanks for all the help again! Never stop the music :-)

Return to “Forte and EHCo”