Who has / is using Bome's Midi Translator along with Forte?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

ohernie

Who has / is using Bome's Midi Translator along with Forte?

Postby ohernie » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:35 pm

Just curious - kind of a personal poll. The two seem to work well together.

EDIT: Thanks for the responses - I do have it and I've set up several "systems" with BMT+Forte based on a "laptop, midi interface & audio interface in a suitcase" hardware system I put together. I am wondering whether it's worthwhile sharing info about projects that require BMT along with Forte.
Last edited by ohernie on Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

evilantal

Re: Who has / is using Bome's Midi Translator along with Forte?

Postby evilantal » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:35 am

I do!
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Angel

Postby Angel » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:55 am

Me too. All fine.

What I do: I have programmed a switching of MIDI channels of the note-on messages by a MIDI controller in Bome MT. Important thing is not to switch but always duplicate note-off messages to avoid hanging notes.

Thus, I can switch sounds in Forte easily by pressing a controller switch. Without cutting off holded notes or sustain parts of the sounds. That would happen using Fortes Instrument Mute Automation ...

Works perfect. No observed flaws.

Angel

RackedBrain

Postby RackedBrain » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:27 am

I do.

I have a setup where I use 8 channels and can split/layer and control volume manually or with MIDI control triggered by ECHo.

R

Mr Beverage

Postby Mr Beverage » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:31 pm

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:45 am

Ok, I'll elaborate a bit more as well.... ;)

I use Bome to:
...act as a safety net against unplugging controller USB cables. When a USB accidentally gets unplugged, I only have to restart Translator (and most of the time not even that) instead of restarting forte.
...split an incoming two channel MIDI stream into two virtual MIDI ports. Really mostly to cope with a legacy rig situation. I now connect my piano controller to my other controller with MIDI (sending on channel 2) and send the whole stream over 1 USB cable to the laptop, where it gets split into two separate ports again with Translator.
...map a MIDI CC to a keystroke to automate turning the rack power on/off (CC maps to the hotkey for this toggle as set up in forte).
...connect a live rig and home setup to the same virtual MIDI ports, so it doesn't matter which ones are plugged in (I have a total of 4 controllers, 2 at home and 2 for rehearsal/gigs).

In addition:
...used to use it to invert the polarity of a continuous piano sustain pedal.
...used to use it to filter out rogue pitch bend messages coming from an old controller.
...convert a normally open footswitch to a normally closed one.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Furillo

Postby Furillo » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:43 am

Any plans from Mike getting the SDK for this, and implement into Forte? Would be cool with a "Forte Pro", with MT integrated. I'd buy it. :P
Hardware: HP Spectre x360 i7 8GB 512GB, 2 x M-Audio Keystation 61, Roland UM-One, Kenton Midi Merge-4, Roland Integra-7, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack
Software: Forte 4, EHCo, NI Komplete 9 + some extras, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Keyscape

Return to “Forte and EHCo”