Help with transition to Forte 4?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

mcgoo

Help with transition to Forte 4?

Postby mcgoo » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:32 pm

I was running Forte 3 on an old 32 bit system (running XP) and am trying to get Forte 4 setup on a newer 64 bit system (running Win7). I'm having difficulty with a few things that I'm hoping someone can help with some troubleshooting ideas...

I can't get the Aux Bus Set to work at all. The GUI often doesn't come up, but clicking around from tab to tab seems to get it to respond. I've got it set up the same as the old system, but it doesn't appear to be passing signal (regardless of whether it's a new bus, or one from an existing rack on the old system).
EDIT: Never mind, I got this one figured out!

I have the original version of M-Tron (NOT Pro). It only works in mono, with audio only passing thru to the Left side. It also doesn't load patches with scene recall, and the volume & tone controls always default to 0 no matter how they were saved in a scene. May be time to upgrade to M-Tron Pro unless anyone can help on that one...

I have an old Amp Sim plug-in that was instantiated a few times that won't be migrating to the new system. I can't seem to figure out how to replace the proxy. I can add a new plug-in, but not replace the proxy.

I'm also struggling to get my NanoKontrol2 setup as a Control Surface. It appears this has changed in Forte 4, but I haven't yet got my head around what has changed. So far, I can only get the faders to control the 1st instrument.
EDIT: Never mind, I got this one figured out!

Any help would be most appreciated!

regards,

greg

evilantal

Re: Help with transition to Forte 4?

Postby evilantal » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:51 am

Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

mcgoo

Re: Help with transition to Forte 4?

Postby mcgoo » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:51 am

Return to “Forte and EHCo”