Forte crash by click "OK" in Rack Editor -> process and Application Window not closing

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Bono Best

Forte crash by click "OK" in Rack Editor -> process and Application Window not closing

Postby Bono Best » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Hi,
loading my rack file -> Open Rackeditor - > remove one scene -> hit "ok".
-> Crash - > process and application window not closing - > unable to terminate process and / or window....

Why did forte this?
I know a lot of other applications... Cubasem, Reaper, Cantabile (by the way a very good live host)....
Not one of the crashed so. And that I'm not able to terminate forte.
MUST REBOOT MY MACHINE

I there an other option to delete old scenes?

evilantal

Re: Forte crash by click "OK" in Rack Editor -> process and Application Window not closing

Postby evilantal » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:52 am

I experience this also sometimes. Although it's intermittent, maybe once in every ten times I use the rack editor.
Not just when deleting scenes, also working on other stuff in tte rack editor.

Is the hang reproducible every time you try it, or just every once in a while?
I can always kill the forte process through the task manager. Never had to restart the entire system.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

MikeG

Re: Forte crash by click "OK" in Rack Editor -> process and Application Window not closing

Postby MikeG » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:33 pm

What does it say when you try to terminate it? Have you tried process explorer? And is it a hang or a crash?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:58 pm

There have been some fixes in this area. I do not have a single crash report of Forte 4.1.4.20 or later, so if you have been experiencing crashes, please make sure you are using the latest.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Bono Best

Postby Bono Best » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:21 am

Forte 4.1.4.19 is the latest available build on your download section!

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Do you see a beta section on http://www.brainspawn.com/download/?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

Bono Best

Postby Bono Best » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Installed latest beta....
The same, forte crashed....

Bono Best

Postby Bono Best » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:41 pm

Mike,
is it possible to edit the midi port and midi channel for automation (change scene with midi program change) in the xml-File (rcf Rackfile)?

THX
Steffen

Bono Best

Postby Bono Best » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:12 pm

OK, i found it and edited the entries in the rcf.
It works fo me, but that's not a solution for everyone.... :-)
Steffen

Return to “Forte and EHCo”