Forte lost settings after crash

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Bono Best

Forte lost settings after crash

Postby Bono Best » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:38 pm

Hi,

after forte crashed my midi settings are set to default.

Before Crash:

After Crash:

evilantal

Re: Forte lost settings after crash

Postby evilantal » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:49 am

Is the port renaming important?

I don't know how to fix the issue per sé. What I do is use a MIDI router software (Bome MIDI Translator in my case, bu the free MIDI OX works as well).

Connect you MIDI ports to virtual MIDI ports (for instance loopMIDI) in MIDI OX and do the port renaming in that program. Then select the virtual MIDI ports as inputs in forte.
An added advantage of this (and the reason I use it) is that when your controllers USB cable accidentally gets unplugged, forte will continue to work because it can still see the virtual ports. All that's needed then is replugging and a quick restart of the MIDI router program (1 sec vs perhaps minutes of restarting forte). I consider this approach good practice in any case.

Links:
MIDIOX
loopMIDI
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Bono Best

Postby Bono Best » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:04 am

Hi,

I use bome midi translator (i have the full version) to transform inputs from the numeric pad to program change.
It could be a solution. I will think about it.
Thank you, it's a good idea!

Did you get any latency ?

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:11 am

No, no latency at all....

Incidentally, I also use Bome to translate a MIDI CC to a keystroke in order to be able to automate the rack power button. Nice bonus...
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Bono Best

Postby Bono Best » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Do you usings MTs virtual Midi Ports or another solution, like LoopMidi?
THX

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:34 am

I'm using loopMIDI.
I found it to be a little more flexible and stable on my system.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”