Lost all Midi Routings

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Bono Best

Lost all Midi Routings

Postby Bono Best » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:59 pm

Hello there,

After months I had updated to the current version of forte and loaded my rackfile.
After I have my Rackfile loaded , I noticed that all midi routings are set to default in each instrument slot and every imidi port is disabled . Even with older rack files , the values ​​are standard. Can anyone tell me how this can be? Even all Key Ranges are gone.
I tried with many rack files, and there is the same problem with all files i tried. (>20 Files).
That's now a big problem for me. At Friday i have a couple of gigs.
Some ideas ? Is there support from the developer?

evilantal

Re: Lost all Midi Routings

Postby evilantal » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:15 pm

You haven't had much luck with your setup :S

Are you talking about updating from forte3 to forte4?
I haven't seen this happen in my setup, but is there a way for you to revert to an older version for the upcoming gigs?

PS: The developer, MikeG, seems to drop in irregularly. It's been about once every two weeks lately, it seems.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Bono Best

Postby Bono Best » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:52 pm

I updated Forte3 to Forte4 at december 2014. All went right. No problems, from time to time some crashes, like everyone.
My last gig was in feb this year. I had not much time to play keys, but i changed nothing on this machine.

Just installed an older forte 3 version and i could load a rack file from last year. It's not up to date, but there all key ranges and midi ports ok.
I will try with forte4 again...

That's crazy

Bono Best

Postby Bono Best » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:14 pm

OK, i solved it.
But i don't know, why forte does not asked me to change the profile while loading the rack file....

I renamed one midi port:
From

To

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:58 am

Glad you figured it out!

Yes, strange you didn't get the hardware profile dialog... maybe the names weren't different enough?
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Return to “Forte and EHCo”