3 Issues with Forte 4 x64

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Volker Grosch

3 Issues with Forte 4 x64

Postby Volker Grosch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:26 am

Hi,

I observe some oddities when using Forte 4 x64. Maybe someone is familiar with one of them and give me a hint how to get around this:

1) When changing the volume of an instrument in the rack I can move the green control bar is changing, same for the output level of the corresponing instrument. What I don't see changes in the dB displayed. If I untouch the faderbar and click on it again the value is updated. I can be wrobg here but mean to remember values displayed were changing in older versions (?).

2) When shutting down forte I get a crash from time to time without regular error report. The number of crashes seem to increase with the number of program changes I did during the session. The session work flawless each time.

3) This is a longtime issue I also observed in forte 3 and maybe its related to something special in my setup...:

From time to time - say every tenth attempt - I try to add an vst effect to an instrument I suddenly get a rotating circle followed by a crash.

Happy for any info on this.

Thanks and kind regards, Volker

P.S.: All in all forte behaves and feels much more stable than any former release: well done Mike!
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

Burtan

Re: 3 Issues with Forte 4 x64

Postby Burtan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:06 am

I can confirm #1 and #2

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:12 pm

I can confirm #1 and #3 in my setup.

#3 happens also with me when I'm rearranging effects in the Insert manager for a bus or module...
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Volker Grosch

Postby Volker Grosch » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:08 pm

Hi,

thanks for responding!

@Mike could you take these issues into account for some future update, please?

Kind regards, Volker
hosts: Forte 4, AuxBusFaders, Cubase 8, Cantabile 2, Live9, jBridge
VSTis: u-he, Spectrasonics, NI, GSi, Synthogy, East West, TAL, Adam Szabo, Steinberg...
VSTs: u-he, Voxengo, Fabfilter, Lexicon, TB, PSP, NI, UVI, Waves,...

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:25 am

i have not looked for 1 or 3, but can also confirm 2.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”