Is it possible to change the bus-volume with Midi-Controller from my Masterkeyboard?

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

lifeperformer43

Is it possible to change the bus-volume with Midi-Controller from my Masterkeyboard?

Postby lifeperformer43 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:50 am

Hello together

I´m Forte-user live on stage and have one question:
If "YES" - How can i make it?

Thanks .... and many greetings
Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i7 - 3630QM CPU 2.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Forte Producer, Audio Interface Native Instruments KOMPLETE AUDIO 6, Midi-Keyboard: Roland A-800PRO

evilantal

Re: Is it possible to change the bus-volume with Midi-Controller from my Masterkeyboard?

Postby evilantal » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:43 am

Yes of course!

There's two options:
1. Use a Control Surface Definition. See here under "Control Surfaces and Automation".
2. Insert a gain/fader plugin in an effects slot (for instance the included Automated Fader or Dirk Offringa's Basic Strip), enable a MIDI port to control it and assign a CC to control the fader.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

lifeperformer43

Re: Is it possible to change the bus-volume with Midi-Controller from my Masterkeyboard?

Postby lifeperformer43 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Hello

thanks for the fast answer, but i tried it 2 hours and i found no way :(...

1. Use a Control Surface Definition. See here http://www.brainspawn.com/documents/forte4help/ under "Control Surfaces and Automation".

Which Control Surface? Automated Fader? ... How how how? Can you make a little video?

2. Insert a gain/fader plugin in an effects slot (for instance the included Automated Fader or Dirk Offringa's Basic Strip), enable a MIDI port to control it and assign a CC to control the fader.

How i can insert a gain/fader in a effects slot?

many greetings
Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Intel Core i7 - 3630QM CPU 2.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
Forte Producer, Audio Interface Native Instruments KOMPLETE AUDIO 6, Midi-Keyboard: Roland A-800PRO

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”