Forte 4 and Windows 10

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Burtan

Forte 4 and Windows 10

Postby Burtan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Hey guys,

Windows 10 will be released 29.07.2015 and Win 7/8 users will be offered a free upgrade. Thus, one could easily upgrade to it. Has anyone tried the beta? What could be improvements of Win 10?

MikeG

Re: Forte 4 and Windows 10

Postby MikeG » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:00 pm

FYI - I don't expect Forte to have to change for Windows 10 but we are getting to the point where XP support is difficult/impossible.

I will be HEAVILY pushing Windows 10 as the best Forte OS platform.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

yamus

Postby yamus » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:27 am

Good to know, glad to continue to have Brainspawn continuing to support forte as OSes develop. Thanks Mike!

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:28 am

I support your idea to take Windows as the next go to OS :-). I've just ported my system to the preview and it's mostly working well. However, I experiences some glitches when using some CPU-heavy Diva instances. I realized that the CPU doesn't reclock and the glitches disappear when I force full CPU speed. Interestingly, when using CPU-heavy settings in Kontakt 5, there is nearly no difference between reclocking and forced full CPU speed. I'm tending to say, it was better on W7 regarding Diva, but I might be wrong. Anyway, is the plugin itself responsible for CPU reclocking or is this done by Forte?

Return to “Forte and EHCo”