Sets, songs, and requests

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

tekhedd

Sets, songs, and requests

Postby tekhedd » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:29 pm

To start off: I am really liking the new interface to the set lists and rack editor and everything about Forte 4, just in general. I'm stress testing my rig as I type this. (Stupid Kontakt and its sustain pedal "feature": if you change patches with the sustain pedal down, the note holds forever, even if you send all-notes-off.)

A simple one: I wish the Rack Editor popup remembered its size and location, and whether it is maximized.

More complex: I wish I could locate songs more easily when they are not in set order, either in an alphabetical list or by typing part of a song name.

The band I'm playing with currently has 8 sets. However, it is also normal for us to go off-list. We rarely take breaks, so I have all of the songs organized into one mega-set. This works great when we follow the list, but about every third song we go off-list, and then I have to scroll thorugh the list hoping to find the song.

I had previously organized the list alphabetically, but this makes medleys impossible.

As a bonus wish list item, I wish I could *name* them as separate sets but scroll through them as one continuous list, but that's just getting crazy. RIght now I may just make dummy songs with the name of the set as markers.

If there are workarounds for these issues please somebody tell me! :) Thanks!

lancaster6

Re: Sets, songs, and requests

Postby lancaster6 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:42 pm

in scene view, if you right click, all songs come up in alphabetical order. been using this method for a lot of years, and is the only way to go IMHO. if you are in a particular setlist, at the end is a condensed list of all scenes.

tekhedd

Re: Sets, songs, and requests

Postby tekhedd » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:45 am

Just what I needed!

Return to “Forte and EHCo”