Forte 3.2 : changing Scenes with one click on controller

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

alekorg

Forte 3.2 : changing Scenes with one click on controller

Postby alekorg » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:51 am

Hi All,

I have a rack with several scenes (about 40) and I need to switch them by pressing one button on my USB MIDI CONTROLLER.

I have enabled "NEXT SCENE" and " PREVIOUS SCENE" with two different CCs ( 96 and 97) that are two different buttons on my midi keyboard.

To go to next scene, I need to push the button Two times and it takes more seconds that are important for me.

I think that this happens because FORTE needs to receive 2 different CC Value 0 and 127 before to perform scene change.

Is there a way to change with one click ??

Many thanks !!!

MikeG

Re: Forte 3.2 : changing Scenes with one click on controller

Postby MikeG » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:26 am

No. I think Forte will react to each CC = 127 to trigger the automation to next or previous scene. It sounds more like the plugins are causing slow scene changes. Are they also slow if you manually change scenes?
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

alekorg

Postby alekorg » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:32 am

Hi Mike !
They aren't slow if I manually perform scene change.

If Forte changes Scenes on CC =127 , I think that the problem is on my midi controller because to perform a CC=127 I need to push it 2 times :
At first press the CC VALUE is set to 0
At second press The CC VALUE is set to 127 and Forte performs the Scene Change.
So, I need something to Generate always CC 127 value when I press my controller Button ... It could be a way to resolve the problem.

Do you think?

Thanks

gerdrube

Postby gerdrube » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 pm

Your midi controller is set to "toggle" (between 0 and 127), you need to set it to always send 127. Hope this will help. :P

alekorg

Postby alekorg » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:36 am

I've solved with midiexpression :)

Return to “Forte and EHCo”