*REQUEST* Forte 4 - Scene Description

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

DarkKman

*REQUEST* Forte 4 - Scene Description

Postby DarkKman » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:03 am

I'm hoping this is a simple change to make which could possibly be implemented for Forte 4. I may be alone in using this but hopefully won't impact any other users.

I use description to hold some basic notes (key changes for Verses, Choruses, Mixing notes) at present I have to use a very VERY shorthand but if the description text could wrap (i.e. not compress into one line but wrap onto a new line below if too long for one line). At present, if the text is too long you cannot see the text at the start of the line.

And/Or the ability to change font size?

It may be that Cue Notes (a new feature?) in Forte 4 does this but unsure of its limitations until able to try out.

Hope this makes sense - happy to elaborate if needed.

MikeG

Re: *REQUEST* Forte 4 - Scene Description

Postby MikeG » Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

seanet

Postby seanet » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:20 am

HI Mike,

I am currently on Forte 2 and happy with it. I have no real reason to upgrade to 3 or 4, BUT this would be a killer feature for me. I do a lot of dep gigs, and so keys, arrangements are sometimes different. If I was able to write a few notes that would then show up when in Sceneview, that would be awesome. I would love to see it implemented and would certainly go for a new version.

Many thanks,
Joe

mhertzbe

Postby mhertzbe » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:29 pm

I think Sceneview can display an image on a per-scene basis (although I've never used this feature myself). If so, you could create your text notes as an image file. At least its a workaround...

M
Forte 4 hosting NI Guitar Rig, Kontakt, and Aux Bus Set on a Dell Precision M4700 with SSD and 24GB memory. Oxygen 88 keyboard/controller and Steinberg UR44 Midi/Audio I/O

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:56 pm

i've been using this method for years and it works gr8, but it's time consuming to get it to fit the screen properly.
i use finale print music to transcribe the song (use whatever you have),and enlarge to the size i can read from my laptop. i then print to pdf creator (used to be a free pdf program) and save. i open that and adjust to fit the screen with 2 pages side by side if needed (i use custom page size and set to 10x11 instead of 8.5 x 11, that maximizes to my particular laptop)and save. then open that full screen, hit ctrl+ print screen, and then open microsoft paint .use paste function in paint, then save as jpeg image.
yeah its a process, but i use alot of music and it works. i know Mike improved this function in forte 4, but i haven't experimented with it yet, it might even be easier now.
GL

seanet

Postby seanet » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:36 pm

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:02 pm

This is for sceneview right? The cue notes is really a "scene rename" when used within the context of a song. For instance you might have a scene called Mellotron (named after a sound) but then reuse it in various songs, and use cue notes for it indicating "bridge" or "solo". It is different.

A wrapping description shouldn't be hard - I'll see what I can do.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:14 pm

implemented for next release
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

RackedBrain

Postby RackedBrain » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Return to “Forte and EHCo”