Global assign instrument to bus? Global insert enable?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

mhertzbe

Global assign instrument to bus? Global insert enable?

Postby mhertzbe » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm upgrading my rack to separate keyboard sounds (piano, organ, etc.) from synth sounds (strings, horns, etc.). But I still need a combined mix for my in-ears system because there are no more inputs available on that mixer.

So I added two new buses, "KontaktKeys" and "KontaktNonKeys". The outputs of these go through dedicated sound card outputs to the DIs for the house PA. Each of these buses gets an aux bus in send mode. The bus that combines the two separate buses into one for the in-ears has an aux bus in receive mode. Works fine.

Two problems:

1) I never knew that the assignment of instruments to buses is on a per-scene basis.
2) It also looks like the aux bus receive instance on the in-ears bus is defaulted to "disabled" on all scenes.

Is there a way to make a global assignment of instruments to buses that affects all scenes? And can the aux bus receiver be globally enabled for all scenes?

Otherwise, I'll have to edit my 100 or so scenes with 5 instruments by hand (tedious) or try to hack the rack file (dangerous).

Sorry if I missed the answer in my search of the forum. Thanks in advance for your help...

Marc
Forte 4 hosting NI Guitar Rig, Kontakt, and Aux Bus Set on a Dell Precision M4700 with SSD and 24GB memory. Oxygen 88 keyboard/controller and Steinberg UR44 Midi/Audio I/O

evilantal

Re: Global assign instrument to bus? Global insert enable?

Postby evilantal » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:29 am

The quickest way for me is to trim the rack and then use the Rack Editor to make all the adjustments...
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

mhertzbe

Re: Global assign instrument to bus? Global insert enable?

Postby mhertzbe » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Thanks. That does look like a handy way to uncheck all those "bypass" check boxes for the aux receive.

Still lots of manual operations to set the instrument to bus mappings since you can't select multiple scenes. The rack file hack looks pretty surgical... there's a <MixLevels> section for each scene that seems to hold all the mappings. I might give that a go and diff the files afterwards to make sure I haven't changed anything by mistake.

** UPDATE **
Editing the rack file to update all the <MixLevels> sections worked, but I needed to do a "Trim Rack" afterwards before I could use the rack editor to un-bypass the aux receive.
Forte 4 hosting NI Guitar Rig, Kontakt, and Aux Bus Set on a Dell Precision M4700 with SSD and 24GB memory. Oxygen 88 keyboard/controller and Steinberg UR44 Midi/Audio I/O

Return to “Forte and EHCo”