Surface Pro 2 and Forte

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

Furillo

Surface Pro 2 and Forte

Postby Furillo » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:14 am

Hi!

Anyone here who uses Microsoft Pro 2 with Forte?
Are you happy with it? Does it work fine with touch? What audio interface do you use?

Would love for this to work, in my never ending pursuit for the ultimate compact rig.
Any input appreciated!

Best regards,
Mattias
Hardware: HP Spectre x360 i7 8GB 512GB, 2 x M-Audio Keystation 61, Roland UM-One, Kenton Midi Merge-4, Roland Integra-7, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack
Software: Forte 4, EHCo, NI Komplete 9 + some extras, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Keyscape

Burtan

Re: Surface Pro 2 and Forte

Postby Burtan » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:26 am

There is a german forum with at least one person describing his experiences with Forte and a Windows tablet. In short, he did not continue using it.
http://www.musiker-board.de/live-keys-s ... ead-7.html

bigalminal

Re: Surface Pro 2 and Forte

Postby bigalminal » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:15 pm

I'm using a Surface pro 2. I am using it to run Music Labs Real Guitar. I have a PS3 guitar controller that uses Music Labs Strumminator technology. Very authentic and playable in real time. I am using Asio4All (no other sound card required) and there is no lag or latency that I can tell. Its a great setup and sounds magic. I am experimenting with an iPad app called OnSong for lyrics and chords. It is able to communicate via wireless midi using a free app called RTPmidi for program change over a wireless network.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”