Any MIDIOX experts to help me?

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

evilantal

Any MIDIOX experts to help me?

Postby evilantal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:54 am

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if maybe someone skilled with MIDIOX could help me out.
What I want to do is convert a continuous expression pedal input port (CC #11) to a on/off toggle signal 0/128.

Specifically, I would like to connect a footswitch to the expression port on my Novation Remote SL and use it to send sustain or modwheel 0/128 signals to a leslie plugin (MeldaProduction MVintageRotary) to toggle the fast/slow speed.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

DarkKman

Re: Any MIDIOX experts to help me?

Postby DarkKman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:45 am

This could be done in MIDIOX (I guess) but I *think* the same effect is achievable directly in Forte (unless I'm misunderstanding the problem).

In the VST which has the Leslie Slow/Fast switch, navigate to MIDI Routing
select the corresponding MIDI Port/Channel your pedal is outputting
select the "Controller tab"
scroll to From 11/CC011 and right click to select the Plugin Parameter to be controlled
and in Mode right-click and select "Toggle between Min and Max when CC value = 127"

Does that make sense? I have done something similar in MIDIOX but it was to convert the MIDI CC Continuous Controller pedal to a Note On/Off toggle (which can't be done in Forte)...

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:01 am

If you did need to use MIDIOX then I *think* you would need to create two Mappings (I can send you instructions on how to do all this if you have never used it before) but the first mapping would be something like;

When Input Matches:
Channel=[select the output channel of pedal], Event Type="Ctrl", [CTRL#] Min=-1, Max=-1 (these are defaults - you could specify the CC # (11?)), [Amount] Min=0, Max=63

Set Output to:
Channel=Match Input, Event Type=Match Input (you will still need CC to trigger in Forte), [CTRL#] Min=-1, Max=-1 (as above), [Amount] Min=0, Max=0

Then in the second mapping it would be exactly the same except;
When Input Matches:
[Amount] Min=64, Max=127

Set Output to:
[Amount] Min=127, Max=127

This *should* effectively turn the pedal into a toggle switch (when you cross half way through the pedal movement.

Remember you will need keep MIDIOX open and output to a Virtual MIDI Port (using the Virtual MIDI Port as your Input in Forte.

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:07 am

Thanks DarkKman. Your first option seems to be the way to go, hadn't thought of that.
I'll give it a try!
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:34 pm

Hope it works - first option is kind of theoretical. I *think* I've used the feature for another purpose (controller -> switch effect) so do let us know if it does what you hope.

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”