can forte control automap?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

speedinator

can forte control automap?

Postby speedinator » Fri May 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi folks,

currently i am using forte 3 in combination with a novation sl mk II keyboard. For me, automap and its (unique?) ability to interact (sending AND receiving changes) with different vst is one big step forward in handling live-rig-setups.

Everything is working fine so far. once a month i am playing at a live session using a forte-setup without scenes. All instruments i want to use are loaded in forte and active. i can swich instruments by using the automap-feature of my sl mk II, where different midi-channels are mapped for each instrument. The advantage is, that i can switch instruments instantly and also change the automap-mapping of my sl mk II.
Obviously there is a big disadvantages: i am not able to use forte-scenechanges, because after a scene change the automap-mapping stays (ofcourse) untouched and still relates to the last active plugin.

Question: is it possible to combine scenechanges AND automap-changes, so a scenechange in forte is also leading to a automap-change?

i know there is not an an easy way, but is it that difficult to let automap know, which map to load?
maybe a future-request ;-)

best,
speedi

Burtan

Re: can forte control automap?

Postby Burtan » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:20 am

Hi,

I've just gotten a Novation 61SL MKII and I'm getting used to it. However, although Forte scans all my Automapped Plugins and does not ignore them, I'm still just able to add one kind of plugin. I cannot decide whether to take the automapped version or the normal one. Interestingly, only some plugins are added as the automapped version (Massive, Diva) and some are not (Absynth, FM8, Dune, VB3).
When I ignore the main plugins, I can force Forte to use the automapped version. Unfortunately, the automapped version of Absynth 5.2.1 crashes Forte 4.0.15.
Coming back to the topic of this thread. Is there now a possibilty to safe the automapped controlled plugin with scene change?

Return to “Forte and EHCo”