midi outs not showing up

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

stomperbob

midi outs not showing up

Postby stomperbob » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:50 am

I have a Dell insperon i3 (Windows 7 home) with a Midisport 2X2 usb interface. I am using the Forte trial version. I have midi ins showing up in the configuration page, but no midi outs! Both midi ins and outs show up in my Cantabile software, but I don't understand why the outs don't show up in Forte.

Can anyone suggest a solution for me?

MikeG

Re: midi outs not showing up

Postby MikeG » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:54 am

Forte does not support MIDI output without the EHCo plugin. It will not show outputs until EHCo is installed.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

stomperbob

Postby stomperbob » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:44 pm

I have installed the trial version of echo, but I don't see any midi outputs yet. Am I doing something wrong?

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:43 pm

Are you looking for them in the Forte Preferences dialog? That's where they should be.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

stomperbob

Postby stomperbob » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Yes, and nothing is showing up, other than midi inputs.

stomperbob

Postby stomperbob » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 pm

Figured it out. I had to install the 32 bit version only. Not the combined 32/64 bit version.

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:18 am

I personally find the combined installer confusing. I don't see the use of it. Would be simpler to have both versions seperately available.

Cheers
Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:46 am

I agree - unless the combined installer actually allows you to select which version to install (and not just based on OS).

stomperbob

Postby stomperbob » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:27 pm

Well I have Windows 7 64bit home edition OS, but I have Forte 32 bit installed. I don't require the 64 bit for any plugins, so far anyway.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:54 pm

Due to a limitation in the inno setup, I can't create a selectable single installer. I'll relook at this at some point.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:31 am

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:48 am

I would not say that it's not a huge issue. We don't have any data about that! How many guys download a demo just to find that forte doesn't see most of their 32bit plugins without realising 1: they automatically installed a 64bit forte 2: forte doesn't have a built-in 32-to-64bit plugin bridge; and then just go "oh, this is rubbish" and move on?

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:57 am

Fair point. If it's not clear to new/demo users this may impact their decision to purchase Forte - not good:huge impact. I was just suggesting that (from memory) there are no disclaimers prior or during download to explain what the combined installer will do (if you have x64 OS) and/or if you have x64 OS and no x64 VSTs (and no jBridge equivalent) to select the x86 version... This would atleast inform those users and presumably be quicker (and less comlex/cheaper?) to deploy. However, as I often do myself, it wouldn't address users that just click buttons and don't bother reading "stuff"... Again - I'm no coder so I'm probably talking out of my proverbial backside :)

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:02 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I've logged it.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”