ASIO Problem with Forte 3 and Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

spittingibex

ASIO Problem with Forte 3 and Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

Postby spittingibex » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:21 am

Hi!

I recently bought an Asus Vivo Tab Smart (Win8) and installed various Plugins and Forte 3 on it. Installation was flawless. Unlike in any Standalone VSTi (Lounge Lizard, Pianoteq, Kontakt,...) Forte doesn`t show the Scarlett ASIO driver in the Audio Setup. It does show the Scarlett WDM Driver. Reinstalling Forte and the Scarlett Drivers doesn't help...

Any suggestions?

regards

spittingibex

Re: ASIO Problem with Forte 3 and Focusrite Scarlett 8i6

Postby spittingibex » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 am

Sorry for the double post, something went wrong here...

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:41 am

No problem, I deleted it!

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:27 am

My brother owns it as well. I`ll check it this weekend.

spittingibex

Postby spittingibex » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Thanks!

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:19 pm

Ah, damn it. My brother has just taken the Scarlett to his office that I cannot test it. Sorry!

spittingibex

Postby spittingibex » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:37 pm

Okay would be nice, if you can try it sometimes.

regards

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:43 am

Ah, I've at least got the chance to test it a little bit. At first, the 8i6 does not show up in Forte 3 under ASIO devices as well on my system. However it does show up under WDM devices with the latency reported as if I used the ASIO driver. I just have my laptop here with the soundcard attached without any keyboard so I can just tell that it is actually working with low latency, but I can't tell how well it performs ;-).
Have you tried the WDM driver?
Under other applications the ASIO driver is correctly selectable (e.g. Reaper).

spittingibex

Postby spittingibex » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:11 pm

It's the same here on my Vivo Tab. WDM is choosable, but with bad Latency. I will test again, if I can reduce Latency.

regards

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:27 am

Hi guys, just jumping to say that I'd be interested to learn about your experience with those Vivo Tabs once you got it working. I just fiddled around a bit with one of those in the shop and find them really interesting for a particular purpose I have. But I need REALLY low latency while retaining a fair amount of processing power.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

spittingibex

Postby spittingibex » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:50 am

Short story: the Tab manages Lounge Lizard, Pianoteq 4 Play, any Kontakt Piano/Rhodes/Organ, most of Massive and FM8 Patches. Soundscapes and many other Patches of the Absynth for example get it to the CPU limit as well as a single note of any u-he synth.

Suprisingly even the desktop programs are quite usable with touch screen. I even do my sibelius work on the go on the tab synching via Sky Drive to my desktop PC at home. Nice!

I am highly satisfied! You can display Sheets (note the widescreen format!), use it as a single or split Sound Module at sessions or as an addition. You can deliver click and backings and use it as a mighty midi controller or merger. You can NOT use it as a multitimbral Sound Module or as a workstation replacement.

mfarley

Postby mfarley » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:50 pm

I'm having the same problem with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. Cubase and Abelton see the ASIO driver but not Forte 3. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Mark

shack_by_the_shore

Postby shack_by_the_shore » Mon May 20, 2013 5:14 am

I am experiencing the same problem when using the Focusrite 2i2 and Forte 3. No AISO but pretty reasonable latency using WDM.

I have Forte 1.6 2 & 3 installed on both a Desktop system for programming & laptop for gigging. (Both systems are running Win 7 64bit)
Forte 1.6 & 2 both recognise the AISO drivers for the 2i2 and operate fine on both systems. I have been programming / gigging with Forte 1.6 on these systems with the 2i2 with no issues at all for the last 12 months.
AISO drivers are running fine as Sonar X2 64bit & 64 bit standalone versions of soft synths all run happily.

Apart from the No AISO problem I am also experiencing issues when adding any form of plugin to an audio bus when running with WDM.
I can insert a healthy number of instances of Zeta 2, Massive FM8 ect. and have had up to 12 synths in a rack all running happily in unison with no problems. However add an effect plugin or processor (even with just one synth in the rack) to either an instrument insert or a Bus any either I get no audio, or highly distorted sound, as if the processor is having to work overtime.
By passing the insert effect will generally restore sound. Deleting the insert will normally crash Forte 3.

I have also tried using a Edirol UA1-ex usb audio card. Forte 3 finds the AISO drivers for this, but I get the same problems with effect inserts and crashes.

Just for reference my desktop system has a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 attached via firewire. This is a totally different story.
Forte 3 is working effortlessly. Recognises the Pro 40 Asio drivers. Can install numerous synth combination plus effects all running with 4ms latency, absolute bliss. However switch to a USB audio device and I get the same symptoms I experience from the laptop.
I would try the Pro 40 on the laptop but the is no means to attach via firewire.

Clearly there are some issues between Forte 3 & USB and will do some more investigation, but if anyone's got any thoughts, or knows of any USB audio devices that are working happily with Forte 3 it would be helpful.

Thanks Rich

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon May 20, 2013 10:07 pm

I have this on order and will take a look when I get it.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

shack_by_the_shore

Postby shack_by_the_shore » Wed May 29, 2013 4:01 am

Mike

Look forward to your findings.
If you need any further info from me, just let me know.

Rich

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:15 pm

OK - build 3.2.11 is now available at www.brainspawn.com/go/beta

This has a fix for the 2i2 which should fix 8i6 too.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

shack_by_the_shore

Postby shack_by_the_shore » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:09 pm

Mike

Thanks for link and update, yes problem solved. AISO drivers for Focusrite 2i2 are now available and seem to be working fine.

I'm am still getting a problem with vst effects on output busses causing silence & crashing Forte, but I will address that via a separate thread once I've done some more experimenting.

Thanks again, looking forward to running Forte 3 at next rehearsal.

Rich

spittingibex

Postby spittingibex » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Hi!

Latest Beta has fixed the problem! MANY thanks! :D

regards

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”