Controller axiom 61, losing the connection with the Forte

Post here if you are having problems with audio or MIDI hardware within forte

Moderator: MikeG

maan

Controller axiom 61, losing the connection with the Forte

Postby maan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:06 am

Hello! Help please!!
I'm using Forte 2.2, along with controller axiom 61, ASIOALL drive. I do not know why, but the driver is losing connection with the Forte. It happens like this: I'm playing normally but suddenly stops working there have to close the fort and turn off the controller to open the fort. Is it the drive of axiom61??? Help staff there! Thank you!, Other users are on another forum with the same problems.Controller axiom 61, thanks.

Burtan

Re: Controller axiom 61, losing the connection with the Fort

Postby Burtan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:36 am

I'm using the Axiom for long time now and recently realized this problem as well. I never had this problem with Forte 2.2. Perhaps any Windows update did some changes? Which OS are you using, Win 7 64bit SP1?

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:17 am

What I've forgotten to mention. Axiom isn't realized by Kore as well when it loses connection to Forte. I think this is a M-Audio driver problem! I reinstalled the driver and did not have any problems since then but it's to early to give a definite conclusion here.

maan

Postby maan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:15 am

Burtan Yes, I use win seven ultimate 64bit sp1. It also happens when I turn on or turn off any electrical appliance, the controller disconnects

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:19 pm

You have grounding issues. It's the hardware. Try to put the Axiom on a UPS, and check your ground. Try other cables (USB, MIDI). Put a choke on the cables if you haven't any.

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

maan

Postby maan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:49 pm

thanks for the help, I'll buy a UPS, then I say if it worked, hugs.

Angel

Postby Angel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:49 am

Can you force the problem by switching some electrical power gear on and off in the vincinity of the Axiom? Like vacuum cleaners, old TVs, old power amplifiers, refridgerators ... then it's probably electromagnetic interference (EMI) into the hardware, either cables or the Axoim itself.

I had this EMI problem years ago when I tried out the M-Audio Ozonic. Nice keyboard, lots of controllers, with build-in firewire audio interface. But it lost connection to the PC whenever some heavy electrical gear was switched. Good cables helped a little bit but no ultimate solution. I tried even powering the M-Audio Ozonic with a battery pack, and glued magnetic chokes on every cable. But it was the Ozonic itself that was badly shielded against EMI. No way to use such a crap on stage! I returned it and got full refund even after six weeks of usage. Some months later the Ozonic disapeared from the market ...

I never had this problem with Edirol/Cakewalk/Roland controllers (PCR-30 and PCR-300). Can't say anyting 'bout the Axiom, though.

Best,
Angel

Return to “Audio/MIDI Hardware Issues”