East West Play Plugins

Post here if you encounter problems using a plugin in forte

Moderator: MikeG

forumuser

East West Play Plugins

Postby forumuser » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:34 pm

How is East West's Play VST working in Forte 2.0?

Thanks!

pedrosura

Re: East West Play Plugins

Postby pedrosura » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:15 am

East West Gold orchestra works. On windows 7 (not on windows XP) it gives me a low memory warning but its bogus. No dropouts and my computer has 8 gb ram.

Dirk Offringa

Postby Dirk Offringa » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:26 am

I've heard several times about plugins giving low memory warnings, not only this one. Are you guys sure it's the plugin that gives this warning, or is it forte that complains? In the latter case, just adjust the warning threshold!!

Dirk
Life would be much easier if I had the source code.

pedrosura

Postby pedrosura » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 pm

No. I have my warning set really high and the rack is very small compared to my total memory. I think it's coming from the plugin..

mikefkeys

Postby mikefkeys » Mon May 10, 2010 9:54 pm

Installed the newly released 2.0.8 version of Play on Windows XP 32 and did a little informal testing in Forte 2.2.6.2093 . The good news is that Play2 certainly appears to work better within Forte than its previous version. The repaint/refresh issues of its user interface when running in Forte seem to be 99% cured. I've been able to load the module into an already large Forte rack and it still worked as it should - when changing scenes and reloading a rack file from disk.

The only snag I found was some audio pops from time to time when quickly pushing lots of notes. I wasn't close to the CPU limits on the Play or Forte meters, but after changing Play's default streaming settings, the problem seemed to improve - maybe even go away completely - but I'll need to test some more to be sure.

I was wondering if else anyone has tried this new version and what your results were.

Return to “Plugin Issues”