Transfer to new laptop - The right way?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Furillo

Transfer to new laptop - The right way?

Postby Furillo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:05 am

I just got my new laptop and want to transfer my VST's and racks from my old one to it.
Any pointers? Of course I need to keep the file paths intact, but is there anything else I should think about?
Thanks!
Hardware: HP Spectre x360 i7 8GB 512GB, 2 x M-Audio Keystation 61, Roland UM-One, Kenton Midi Merge-4, Roland Integra-7, TC-Helicon VoiceLive Rack
Software: Forte 4, EHCo, NI Komplete 9 + some extras, Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2, Keyscape

evilantal

Re: Transfer to new laptop - The right way?

Postby evilantal » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:32 am

I don't think file paths for the VSTs are important. You just let forte (re)discover them and it will use them from their new location.

The important files to transfer would be the rack files and the options.ini file, I think.
If you use forte's built-in preset saving functions, I think you would need to migrate those as well, but I'm not sure where they are stored.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

PnoMn

Re: Transfer to new laptop - The right way?

Postby PnoMn » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:23 am

Make sure to install the same versions of your plugins.

i tend not to upgrade the plugins if everything is running smoothly.
Lenovo T440p, i7, 16GB RAM, RME UCX, forte 4.2.4 64bit, NI Komplete 10, HalionSonic 2, Sylenth, OP-X ProII, VSL Special Edition

Return to “Forte and EHCo”