Any help for "Forte has stopped working"

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

bigalminal

Any help for "Forte has stopped working"

Postby bigalminal » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:35 pm

I've been getting the "Forte has stopped working" message a bit lately so I decided to start afresh by reinstalling Windows 10, re-installing Forte and generally rebuilding my set up from scratch. I'm still getting the message from time to time and at the moment looks like I may not get through my 3 hour Farmers Market gig this weekend. I'm using a Surface Pro 4 with a Traktor 2 interface and so far have tried all four iterations of Forte 4 without noticing that one is any more stable than the other. I've also trimmed the rack in an effort to keep Forte running. Could it be the Traktor setting? Any thoughts to solve the problem will be most welcome.

MikeG

Re: Any help for "Forte has stopped working"

Postby MikeG » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:09 pm

Have you been able to post the crash reports when Forte stops? If so, can you give me a hint as to how to identify you in the crash reporting system? (name, etc.)

Thanks,

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:07 pm

Thanks Mike. I had two crashes at my gig yesterday the first coming after two hours and the second about 3/4 hour later. I had to reboot Windows both times. Next time it happens, I'll send the crash report.

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:22 am

Hi Mike. Forte gave me the message "Forte has stopped working" again today but I couldn't see where to save a crash report. How do I do this please?
Also, whenever I try to access the ASIO driver from within Forte on the audio page, I get the following message - "ASIO driver error. Could not start ASIO control panel for ASIO driver Traktor Audio 2 MK 2. Error = FFFFFC18" THis is probably not normal so how do I stop it please?

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:13 am

Sorry you are continuing to have trouble. You have never been able to submit a crash report? If Forte doesn't prompt you to upload a report, please try this: http://feedback.brainspawn.com/knowledg ... t-manually
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:02 pm

No I haven't posted a report because I guess I thought they'd just disappear into the ether and never be heard from again. If I get the message "Forte has stopped working" but without the crash report appearing (which does happen), can I still send one to you the next time Forte loads? Will it show the details you need to see?

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Mike, I have a dump file. How do I get it to you please?

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:23 pm

Can you email it to support@brainspawn.com and include a link to this thread?

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:42 am

Mike, the file is over 600 mb and even zipped is nearly 300. I cant email it. How else can I get it to you?

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 am

Hi - I contacted you privately with a dropbox to upload this file.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)

Return to “Forte and EHCo”