Signal indicators show activity, but no sound comes out.

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

bigalminal

Signal indicators show activity, but no sound comes out.

Postby bigalminal » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm using Music Labs Real Guitar and running 11 instances set to different string types in one rack.
For one particular song that uses 3 guitars, all 3 guitars indicate signal activity but only 2 sound at the audio output.
I've enabled all 3 but cannot get the 3rd one sounding. Any thoughts please?

bigalminal

Re: Signal indicators show activity, but no sound comes out.

Postby bigalminal » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Lots of looks but no replies. No thoughts on why anyone?

yamus

Postby yamus » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:08 pm

More info on your setup would be helpful. What version of Real Guitar? Are they all using the same midi channel, or different midi channels? Are you triggering all with the same controller? Are all three routed to the same bus? Any additional info would be great to try and help you. Also, a screen shot or two might also be helpful.

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:09 pm

[quote="yamus"]More info on your setup would be helpful.

What version of Real Guitar?
V3 set on Joystick with a wireless GH5 controller. I have Real Guitar, Real LP, Real Strat and Real Rick

Are they all using the same midi channel
Yes

Are you triggering all with the same controller?
Yes. I pan them in stereo with up to 5 guitars at once in any one song

Are all three routed to the same bus?
Yes.

Strange thing is the guitar that is not sounding in one song will sound in another even though the Forte settings are the same.

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:31 pm

don't know if this pertains to your situation, but i will share. i use real guitar on my key setup, and had a similar problem when going from v2 to v3. only a couple keys would trigger and they were out of tune and in the wrong spot. i tried copy/paste module with the same result. i think (maybe not but check) v3 might have a different folder from 2, make sure its seen by forte. then i had to add a new instance if real guitar and start over with patches and midi routings. after that everything was fine, but the copy/paste would have saved alot of time. gl,
L

yamus

Postby yamus » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Hmm. How can you tell only two are sounding? Can you mute the two that are working, and then nothing comes from the 3rd? Have you checked to make sure there is no weirdness in terms of CC11 (expression) or CC7 (volume)? Do you have a midi expression pedal in this setup? You'll want to make sure it's value is not set to zero.

Another idea; have you tried to create a new scene with the exact same setup? Maybe there is corrpution on the particular preset where the 3rd guitar is not sounding. Along those lines; have you also trimmed the rack? That can clean up problems sometimes.

I'm not familiar with the Joystick setting. What does that control?

bigalminal

Postby bigalminal » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:55 pm

Yes , I did mute the other two guitars to find the remaining one silent despite the sound bar moving. There is no expression pedal in the system as volume control comes from the tilt accellerometer of the Guitar Hero controller. I did think of creating a new scene but would have to do it nearly 200 times for each song that is used - is there a global setting for this by chance? I will try trimming the rack to se if it helps.

The joystick setting allows a PS3 Guitar hero controller to stum and pick using a wireless dongle. It is so good at what it does that I use it live as a singer/guitarist with a Surface Pro 4. See here: http://www.musiclab.com/products/realguitar/video.html

yamus

Postby yamus » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:22 am

Trimming the rack is similar to creating your 200 new scenes. When you trim, it basically re-saves that scene, including asking for fresh blob (sound) data for each instrument and plug-in. Then it loads the next scene, and re-saves it, and so on through all your scenes. So that might help. Otherwise, maybe see if you can re-create and save one scene not currently working and get it to work?

Return to “Forte and EHCo”