Global Pitchshift

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

peterhughes

Global Pitchshift

Postby peterhughes » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:27 am

Problem: My band tunes down a semi-tone to make life easier for the singer. With most VST instruments this isn't an issue, because I use Forte's "AllScenes" Transpose set to -1, which works across all songs and scenes for the entire gig/practice.

However, when I use this feature with samples in Kontakt, then it shifts the trigger notes of all my sample by one key. So where I would have play a C6 to trigger a sample, I now have to play a C#6 to trigger the sample sample, which also then plays at the original sample pitch.

So what I really want is a global pitch shifter, that will transpose all audio output from Forte down by a semitone.

I can mostly achieve this using a pitch shift plug-in on the main bus, but I would have to set this up individually on every single scene. Also because I practice at home to music in the original key, I would have to constantly set and reset the pitch shift on every scene when I move between home and live.

So what I really need is some way to have a VST that works globally across forte, which doesn't get affected when moving between scenes. Is such a thing possible currently?

Thanks
Pete

evilantal

Re: Global Pitchshift

Postby evilantal » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:04 pm

You can put the pitch shifter plugin on the main bus like you suggested.
Then set this plugin to "Do not set per-Scene plugin configuration data" in the plugin's console.

Trim the rack, enable the plugin in all scenes in the rack manager and save the rack.
When you next start the rack the plugin will have the settings of the last time you saved and when you alter it's parameters it won't be affected by scene changes.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

peterhughes

Re: Global Pitchshift

Postby peterhughes » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:19 am

Thanks that's really helpful.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”