Hot (ready-to-go) Backup (spare) System and the Preset Manager

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Mr Beverage

Hot (ready-to-go) Backup (spare) System and the Preset Manager

Postby Mr Beverage » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:23 am

I maintain a backup (mirror) system, always ready to go, in case my main giging system fails.
Can anyone please tell me where I can get information on the files in the 3 directories under "AppData/Roaming/...forte 4/"
named "Dx User Presets", "MIDI Configuration Presets", and "Preset Manager".
I would like to understand how they work with rack files and system files.
Thanks much for any and all info regarding the Preset Manager.
Mr B.

MikeG

Re: Hot (ready-to-go) Backup (spare) System and the Preset Manager

Postby MikeG » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:31 pm

Hi Mr. B.

None of these files are needed for performance. They are purely for recall of saved presets when editing racks. You can save a MIDI routing and recall it but this is all completely preserved within the rack file. A rack file does not refer to these external files.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Mr Beverage

Re: Hot (ready-to-go) Backup (spare) System and the Preset Manager

Postby Mr Beverage » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:34 am

Oh, okay, so if I do all of my rack development and sound design on system "A", I can copy finished rack files to system "B", adapt, point to sample directories, re-save rack, and all should be gig ready? Great!

Although I am wondering why I got a message saying something about "corrupt preset manager file" and "needs to rebuild it" when I saved the rack file on system "B". (Anyway, maybe it's not important as long as I do all my development on my system "A")

Thanks much

Return to “Forte and EHCo”