Forte trial newby question - on startup and loading my rack all plugins are disabled

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Pygmy

Forte trial newby question - on startup and loading my rack all plugins are disabled

Postby Pygmy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:51 pm

I'm trying out Forte to see if it suits my needs.
So far so good, except one thing - when my rack is loaded all plugins are disabled, I need to manually go over all instruments and plugins to enable them.
This seems wrong - I should be able to load my rack the way it was the last time I saved it, I think.
Am I doing something wrong?

MikeG

Re: Forte trial newby question - on startup and loading my rack all plugins are disabled

Postby MikeG » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:04 pm

I don't understand. There is no such thing as enabling/disabling plugins in Forte. Could you describe exactly what you are seeing?

Thanks for trying Forte out
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Pygmy

Re: Forte trial newby question - on startup and loading my rack all plugins are disabled

Postby Pygmy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:42 am

What I mean is when I save my rack they're all active,
then when I close Forte, start it up and load my rack again all plugins are in bypass mode ( http://i.imgur.com/JjmIenu.png ) and I have to go over all of them and enable them again.

Angel

Postby Angel » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:05 am

- Did you create and update a scene before saving the rack?
- What type of plug-ins? Instruments predominately go into modules, effects go into module inserts or buss inserts.

Pygmy

Postby Pygmy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:58 am

I created a scene, don't know what you mean with "updated" ?
I'm talking about the insert effects.
I'm using audio-input instruments to get the audio from my external hardware synths / drums, put on some insert effects, and output those to a mix bus.
I'll post a screencap when I get back home.

Pygmy

Postby Pygmy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:22 am

Oh boy, that explains a lot. Somehow I missed that.
I'm gonna try that.

Pygmy

Postby Pygmy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:29 am

Okay, that did the trick. Maybe it's an idea to warn if the user is exiting while having unsaved/unupdated changes?
(Or make that warning optional using a config-setting?)

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:44 am

I think the rehearsal mode does that...
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Return to “Forte and EHCo”