Does anyone the correct settings for superwave plugins and op-x pro and op-x pro II in Devicecompatibility.xml ?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Bono Best

Does anyone the correct settings for superwave plugins and op-x pro and op-x pro II in Devicecompatibility.xml ?

Postby Bono Best » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:42 pm

Mike told me to install the newest version of forte (because crashes,...)
All Settings are gone. The file has a date from june 6th 2015.
I don't understand, why forte overwrites the file by installation of a beta?
This is a big problem.... next gig is tomorrow.
Does anyone the correct settings for superwave plugins and op-x pro and op-x pro II.
The plugin loads no more the correct patches

MikeG

Re: Does anyone the correct settings for superwave plugins and op-x pro and op-x pro II in Devicecompatibility.xml ?

Postby MikeG » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:05 am

For betas it's good practice to install them in a different folder. I'll make it a priority to add an installer checkbox to enable or disable overwriting this file. Or I'll add a user version of this file. I know it's late but I suspect the super wave wants Fxp only. I didn't realize this overwrite would happen. I apologize for the complication.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Mr Beverage

Re: Does anyone the correct settings for superwave plugins and op-x pro and op-x pro II in Devicecompatibility.xml ?

Postby Mr Beverage » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:44 pm

(I know this is too late to help your immediate situation but, I hope this friendly advice isn't "too little")
My advice is to be sure to make and keep back-ups of any and all "work" files, or files that you have edited (or that the system edits), such as the Device Compatibility file, as well as all your rack files. I also back up the entire "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\brainspawn\forte 4" folder.
In case of a catastrophic failure I need to be able to restore needed files and Preset Mgr info.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”