Possible bug: "Set Plugin Data" in Rack Editor not working properly

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

evilantal

Possible bug: "Set Plugin Data" in Rack Editor not working properly

Postby evilantal » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:11 am

When using the Rack Editor to set the option for "Set Plugin Data" for individual modules to "No", the state is not correctly saved upon exiting the Rack Editor.
Every time I do this, the option gets reset to "Auto".

If I set this option in the Scene Commands tab of individual plugins and the update the scene, the state is correctly saved. But this is an obviously laborious route when I need to do this to several plugins in 30 scenes :0

Can anyone confirm this or it just my system/rack? I'm using the latest version of forte 4.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

evilantal

Re: Possible bug: "Set Plugin Data" in Rack Editor not working properly

Postby evilantal » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:16 am

Just saw the announcement of build 4.2.3 on the main site with mentioned fixes to the rack editor.
This could be what I was waiting for ;) Thanks!

Going to test over the weekend.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Let me know what you find.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:43 am

Ok...

I can confirm that the behavior of setting the Scene Commands via the Rack Editor now works as expected. The state of either Auto/No/Yes is correctly applied and saved with the scene.

I've run into a new issue however. When I undock a plugin's GUI, the moment I resize it or drag it to move it somewhere the GUI disappears. Clicking aound on the tabs and the GUI makes it reappear bit by bit. This looks exactly like the problem one can have with bridged 32-bit plugins (if you know what I mean).
I've only tested this on my desktop studio system, not my live laptop rig, so I don't know if it's hardware dependent.

Also, I'd like a few more useability tweaks of the Rack Editor:
- A checkmark at the top of each checkmark column to check/uncheck all at once.
- A way to set the Scene Commands (Auto/No/Yes) of multiple scenes at once. Maybe shift select multiple scenes and then when you change the setting of one, they all change.

I've submitted both of these remarks through the Support Form as well ;)

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon May 30, 2016 11:01 am

Thank you - I have them logged there.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”