MIDI receive notes On/Off feature

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Mr Beverage

MIDI receive notes On/Off feature

Postby Mr Beverage » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:45 am

To whom this may interest,
Is there any way to automate a "MIDI Receive Notes" toggle switch function?
I am currently using the Automated Fader to swap instruments on a keyboard by setting up Automated Faders 180 degrees "out of phase" with each other. The problem is when I make the switch between instruments you can hear the decay of the notes that were played on the previously "muted" instrument.
It would be nice to be able to set "receive notes" on and off instead of muting the audio (It would need to allow the "note off"s to still get through).
Any plans to create this?
Thanks,
Mr B.

evilantal

Re: MIDI receive notes On/Off feature

Postby evilantal » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:32 am

That's what switching to the next scene is for, I think...
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Mr Beverage

Postby Mr Beverage » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:14 am

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:30 pm

That is caused by (small) changes in plugin configurations between scenes. Changing MIDI filters is instantaneous.
In that case, you could try the approach I use...

I only change plugin configuration between songs, not within songs.
So, say a song is built up of three scenes Song1|Scene1, Song1|Scene2, Song1|Scene3.

I set all plugins to "Auto" in their "Scene Commands" tab only in the first scene and have them set up with the sounds I want to use with them in the song. Make sure that all plugins you want to use in the entire song are unmuted in each scene, not only the scene in which you want to play them.
In all subsequent scenes (Song1|Scene2, Song1|Scene3), I set all plugins to "No". A fast way to do this is by using the rack editor.
I switch sounds from scene to scene only by using different MIDI routings. Disabling MIDI input on plugins I don't want to play in each scene and enabling the ones I do want to sound.

This way, I am certain that nothing will change in the plugins themselves, only the MIDI routings. Using this method, scene switching WITHIN songs is guaranteed to be instantaneous.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Mr Beverage

Postby Mr Beverage » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:56 pm

Thaks much evilantal, I will work with that.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”