All the "Automap" users: Please help me to get it working in "Forte"

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

liveplayer

All the "Automap" users: Please help me to get it working in "Forte"

Postby liveplayer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:03 am

Hello everybody,

having bought all of the equipment for my live-setup, everything works fine so far, but Automap makes big trouble. Here the short version of my tests. I hope so much that anyone out there can help me.

If I load a wrapped automap-plugin in "Cubase Pro 8", everything works fine. After opening the project, the led-rings indicate what was saved last and I can change parameters immediately.

If I load a wrapped automap-plugin in "free VST-host" (a ... well ... free vst-host-program *g*), everything works fine when I load a project with an automapped plugin. Detection of parameters both in the program and also on the controller.

If I load a wrapped automap-plugin in "Cantabile" (an alternative to Forte), nothing works. Automap detects in the program that a wrapped VST is loaded, but the controller itself doesn't react. Also "learn" doesn't work.

If I load a wrapped automap-plugin in "Forte", nothing works. Automap detects in the program that a wrapped VST is loaded, but the controller itself doesn't react. Also "learn" doesn't work.

Wanna hear the funny thing? If I install "Automap" again OVER the already installed version, it also works in "Forte". But after a restart of the computer, it doesn't work anymore. If I repeat the procedure of installing Automap over the old version, it works again. So I'll have to do this after every reboot. Mhm. That's not very practical :-)

Does anyone have an idea what else I can do? Wrapped automap-plugins behave totally different depending in which vst-host they are loaded - obviously. I have no other ideas. Also in the forum, I found nothing which can help me.

System details:

- Windows 7 Pro
- Forte 4
- Automap 4.8
- Novation Remote MKII
- Focusrite Saffire PRO 14
- VST-plugins (different ones)

liveplayer

Re: All the "Automap" users: Please help me to get it working in "Forte"

Postby liveplayer » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:07 am

Update: Automap fully works (now) with

- Cubase 8 Pro
- Cantabile
- free VST host
- LiveProfessor

I even installed the beta of the new Forte now. No changes. All the programs where I don't need Automap work. But exactly the one where I need it doesn't. Life is unfair sometimes :-)

liveplayer

Re: All the "Automap" users: Please help me to get it working in "Forte"

Postby liveplayer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:15 am

After more hours of testing I have found the solution. "Forte" always starts as "Administrator" whereas "Automap" loads itself at startup without this "token" with the administrative rights. Starting "Automap" with administrative rights, everything works perfectly. Thanks for all who were reading this and who were thinking about a solution :-)

Return to “Forte and EHCo”