Automated fader problems

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Mr Beverage

Automated fader problems

Postby Mr Beverage » Sat May 23, 2015 6:19 pm

I'm using Automated Faders on three instruments.
Piano is set to: Attenuation Toggle 0 127 <== when cc=127 piano fader goes to 0
Synth is set to: Attenuation Toggle 127 0 <==when cc=127 synth fader goes to 127 (reverse logic)
All is well with these two plugins effectively toggles between piano and synth.
The problem is I also have an organ I'd like to "turn on" along with the synth and it doesn't seem to want to work with the reverse logic as the synth does.
Organ's Automated fader is set identical to the Synth's fader.
I'm stumpted!
Is this a bug???
My goal is to have my piano swaped for an organ(LH) and synth(RH) when I step on my CC pedal.
Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks.
UPDATE: I noticed that mapping my CC pedal to "attenuation" changes the EVENT, CHANNEL, PARAM1 and PARAM2 values in the MIDI Monitor.
With no remap my pedal reads 127 and 0 in the Monitor. When remapped to the Attenuation it changes EVENT to "PARAM", CHANNEL is blank, PARAM1 is 0, and PARAM2 goes from 1.000 to 0.000 in the MIDI Monitor.
Am I using this feature correctly???

Mr Beverage

Re: Automated fader problems

Postby Mr Beverage » Sat May 23, 2015 7:50 pm

I solved this problem by adhering to a VERY SPECIFIC ORDER of implementation.
STEP #1: Change the CC you are using on the Controls page to TOGGLE 0 - 127.
STEP #2: Remap that CC to Attenuation.
I found this by trial and error, just trying different things and found that if I didn't change my CC pedal to Toggle before I remapped it to Attenuation it would only show PARM 0.000 - 1.000 in the MIDI Monitor. But, when I first changed the CC to toggle (as in step 1 above), and then remapped it to Attenuation, both CC 0-127 and PARM 0.000-1.000 showed in the MIDI Monitor.
Hmmmmmm?????

Return to “Forte and EHCo”