Why does Guitar Rig 5 sound like Crap in Forte 3 but ok in Forte 4?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

John Dumke

Why does Guitar Rig 5 sound like Crap in Forte 3 but ok in Forte 4?

Postby John Dumke » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:09 pm

I have pretty much ignored Guitar Rig as every am that is inserted as an effect in to FORTE 3 just sounded the same, over process, buzzy and ear assaulting. But I tried it in FORTE 4 and it Guitar Rig 5 sounds probably like it is supposed to sound. GR5 is unusable in FORTE 3 but I think I will be happy with it in FORTE 4.

Anybody have any suggestions as to why this is the case?

yamus

Re: Why does Guitar Rig 5 sound like Crap in Forte 3 but ok in Forte 4?

Postby yamus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:06 pm

Hard to say. Do you have the exact same sound card / buffer settings in forte 3 and 4? Sounds like maybe your buffer is set really small in forte 3 and perhaps that's causing some distortion? But without much more information, hard to say why they would be different.

John Dumke

Postby John Dumke » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 am

Yamus,

Different sound card settings... That was my first guess. But the settings are the same. It is the same computer. In Forte 3 Guitar Rig is so distorted in a bad way that I thought that could have been the culperate, but no. My focusrite scarlett 2i4 handles the sound, so Forte's Settings are always the same, based upon the Focusrite's software setting. And the computer is a super fast desktop system overclocked to 4.0ghz and kept there, never throttled back, with 16gb of ram and an ssd.

So I have no clue. But right now neither Forte 3 or Forte 4 is completely working for me Forte 4 Kontakt player crashes on me with Chris Hein Horns and Forte 3 GR5 sounds like crap. So hopefully the Kontakt player issue will be solved. Not holding my breath however.

Thanks for the suggestion.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:52 pm

A number of people have reported the crash with Kontakt 5 and that is my highest priority issue now.

GR5's buzziness seems to be very intermittent - I've heard it buzz but not consistently enough to get anything useful. I'm pretty sure the buzz is being generated inside GR5 and not by Forte itself.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”