Recommended procedure for replacing 32 bit vst with 64 bit vst?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

dbrendon

Recommended procedure for replacing 32 bit vst with 64 bit vst?

Postby dbrendon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:35 pm

Hello,

For many of the VSTs that I use, new 64 bit versions have been released. What is the easiest way to replace the old 32 bit VST in a rack with the newer 64 bit VST?

I tried the 'copy/replace module', but it seems that it creates a new module and it doesn't migrate my MIDI settings. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
- David

yamus

Re: Recommended procedure for replacing 32 bit vst with 64 bit vst?

Postby yamus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:05 pm

David,

Are you on forte 3 or forte 4? Are you using forte x64 or forte x86 (32 bit)? I'm going through the same transition, trying to move from forte 3 x86 to forte 4 x64. I'm at the point where my rack created in 32 bit forte 3 loads just fine in 64 bit forte 4. I'm still not stable enough in forte 4 to switch to it full time yet; forte 3 is still more stable for me. But hopefully with a few more updates from brainspawn crushing bugs, I'll be there soon.

Let me know the answer to the first two questions, then i might be able to provide some guidance.

-Mike

MikeG

Re: Recommended procedure for replacing 32 bit vst with 64 bit vst?

Postby MikeG » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:54 pm

Do you find this article of any help? http://feedback.brainspawn.com/knowledg ... it-plugins
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”