Forte 4: Changing scene order in rack editor issue.

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Igbro

Forte 4: Changing scene order in rack editor issue.

Postby Igbro » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:35 pm

Hi Mike and all,
When changing the scene order in the scene pool of the rack editor, forte 4.0.11.11 (x86 in my case) corrupts the scene names and content, making the whole rack file unusable.
The exactly same bug used to happen in former Forte 3 releases but has been fixed since a few months. (maybe 3.1.x)
It seems to come out again in V4 and I really need to re-order my scenes since I do not always use songs.
Thanks in advance for your support.

MikeG

Re: Forte 4: Changing scene order in rack editor issue.

Postby MikeG » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:46 pm

Hi,

Can you provide more details and send it through the main support page? I need a specific follow able example.

Thanks,

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

mhertzbe

Postby mhertzbe » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi, All. I have an issue with the rack editor that might be related so i thought I'd enter this here.

I'm running Forte 4.0 build 15.15. I first experienced this trying to re-order buses and add global tap tempo. But I've found out I don't have to even do anything in the rack editor.

I open the rack editor.
I hit OK to close the rack editor.

I get a pop up that says it is updating several scenes. The common thread is that these are scenes in my rack with duplicate names. I don't know all what it's trying to do or why, but the problem is when the process is finished, it has moved scenes around in the rack, seemingly to group the duplicate name scenes next to each other in the scene list.

This screws up the way I use program changes to directly select scenes.
Forte 4 hosting NI Guitar Rig, Kontakt, and Aux Bus Set on a Dell Precision M4700 with SSD and 24GB memory. Oxygen 88 keyboard/controller and Steinberg UR44 Midi/Audio I/O

mhertzbe

Postby mhertzbe » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:24 am

Can I get a comment on this? Am I not allowed to have more than one scene with the same name? Regardless, the rack editor shouldn't be rearranging scenes for the reason given (screws up people using program changes to directly select scenes).

Should I submit a support ticket?
Forte 4 hosting NI Guitar Rig, Kontakt, and Aux Bus Set on a Dell Precision M4700 with SSD and 24GB memory. Oxygen 88 keyboard/controller and Steinberg UR44 Midi/Audio I/O

Mr Beverage

Postby Mr Beverage » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:32 am

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Perhaps this is also related to the "cloning scenes" issue that was fixed recently.
The latest betas contain several fixes for the rack editor and scene rearranging if I'm not mistaken.

Perhaps try the latest beta
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

mhertzbe

Postby mhertzbe » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:23 pm

OK, I'd like to re-open this issue from a few years back because it is still not solved and I'm using the latest build. Here's the facts.

I have a rack file with a handful of duplicated scenes. I looked closely at one of the duplicate pairs and found that they were not totally identical, but nearly so (only differences were a single character in the scene name and two differences in some controller max values).

When I use the rack editor for any reason (or even if i make no changes at all), when I hit OK to exit the rack editor, it rearranges the scenes in the rack. It appears that it is grouping my duplicate scenes next to each other.

This breaks a feature I use extensively; directly accessing scenes using midi program changes.

By the way, I just did a test that provided an interesting result. I took a duplicate pair of scenes, let's say "Song A" and re-named one of the scenes "Do Not Use." I also muted all the instruments in that scene. After opening and closing the rack editor, "Song A" had been re-named to "Do Not Use" and moved to be next to the other "Do Not Use" scene! What the... ?

This seems like a bug because you're supposed to be able to use program change to directly access scenes so the program shouldn't be changing the location of scenes.

1) Please fix this if there is no good reason to be shuffling the scene order around.
2) Looking for a workaround in the mean time, what is Forte keying off in this behavior? What would be the easiest way to modify a scene so Forte doesn't recognize it as a duplicate of another scene? I'm open to anything including hand-editing the rack file. I ain't scared...

Thanks in advance.

. M

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:15 pm

Please upload a rack at the support portal and include specific steps to see this issue occur. And please include a link back to this post.

Thanks,

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”