update scene widget, or menu option in sceneview?

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

lancaster6

update scene widget, or menu option in sceneview?

Postby lancaster6 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:49 am

i have just added many automated faders to most of my plugins so that i can adjust volumes live on the fly and save them in each scene. since i stay in sceneview mode all night, it is time consuming to close sceneview, right click update scene , and confirm, then go back to sceneview after every song. it would be gr8 to have the option to update the scene from the sceneview screen. thx for considering.
L

evilantal

Re: update scene widget, or menu option in sceneview?

Postby evilantal » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:57 am

CTRL+U updates the current scene.

I use Bome's MIDI translator to convert MIDI CC messages to keystroke macro's. There are probably other programs that can do this as well (MIDIOX?).
You could try dedicating a button on your controller to this function maybe. Or alternatively, use a cheap bluetooth numberpad or some such device.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

lancaster6

Re: update scene widget, or menu option in sceneview?

Postby lancaster6 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:06 pm

hmm, i might be able to use midi automation function to assign "update" to a korg nanokontrol CC. i wasn't aware this was already an assignable funtion. i don't even think i will need bome's translator, but can't test this theory until i get my forte 4 upgrade coupon code (impatiently waiting lol). thx 4 the heads up evilantal.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”