Forte 4 demo just crashes [fixed with 4.0.11.11]

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Ben H

Forte 4 demo just crashes [fixed with 4.0.11.11]

Postby Ben H » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi Mike,

Trying (tried) the Forte 4 demo, but unfortunately it just crashes on me. :(

Unfortunately it does this is the scan VSTs phase, so I can't even test it with anything.
Forte 3 worked perfectly scanning ALL my VSTs and no new ones have been added since.

I get a Windows error: forte has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.

When I click the "Close" option, forte becomes responsive again until I try and rescan the plugins again.

I'm using Forte x64 in Windows x64 with x64 plugins (non-bridged).

Looking at the ignored files, it tells me that none of my x64 plugins are usable? WTF?
They all work perfectly in Forte 3 x64
So something is seriously borked!

I tried "Remove from this list", "Rescan selected files for VSTs" and also "Remove/Add VST folders" but none of those options made a difference.

Also when I close Forte 4 using the X in the corner I get a "Trial mode timeout" message, even if I haven't had Forte open for more than 1 min. This is on a fresh load, BTW. Regardless of scanning the plugins or not.

So it looks like this new version still needs a lot of work.

Like I said, everything worked perfectly in Forte 3 for me.

Regards.
Last edited by Ben H on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben H

Re: Forte 4 demo just crashes :(

Postby Ben H » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:22 am

I suppose I'm expected to buy it, in order to get some support in this place. :/

I own Forte 3 but I'm not updating it while it is in it's current buggy state.

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:13 am

Hi there,

Most of the folks here are just users, some with a little more technical/development expertise than others. Certainly no need to purchase to get what support can be offered here. It may be worthwhile contacting Mike via a private message or email (I think you can do this from Forte directly) - I'm not using my Forte laptop right now.

The only thing I can suggest is to uninstall, download the file again (will be updated version perhaps) and when you install be sure to install as admin (I had isssues with this on FOrte 3). Just right click and select "Run as administrator" and see if that yields any better results.

SOrry I can't be more help but the above might help.

Thanks.

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:15 am

Yep, just us lowly users mostly...

Though I must admit Mike has been a bit slower in responding lately, probably due to the whole updating of the site and updating of the software business.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Ben H

Re: Forte 4 demo just crashes [fixed with 4.0.11.11]

Postby Ben H » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:06 am

Seems that 4.0.11.11 fixed the issues I was having. :)

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:23 am

Good news!:D I think I'll be trying the update myself and see if it's ironed out any of the little bugs I was having too...!

Bgober

Postby Bgober » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:35 pm

I updated. I also downloaded and installed the latest release of EHCo. Now when I select songs in the SceneView I get a pop when the scene changes. This does not occur in Forte 3.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”