Forte 4 / Kontakt issue

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

pchanez

Forte 4 / Kontakt issue

Postby pchanez » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:08 am

Hi Mike,

I uploaded a crash report, but in the mean time I managed to find a workaround, so perhaps explainig what I'm doing will help you to figure out the issue.

I have a big rack, with a Kontakt loading about 14 instruments in a multi. I was using the "Do Not Set Data per scene" option in Forte 3, and when I imported my rack in Forte 4, the application is crashing during "initiate gui" phase.

What I did :
1) I remove the option so the data are loaded as a standard plugin
2) I created a scene loading the instruments in Forte. Important, it should not be the first scene of the rack
3) I configure each scene except the new one not to load data for Kontakt

Since I did this, my rack is stable like a rock ... better than in F3 so WELL DONE !

My feeling is that linked to the time Kontakt is loading the instruments. I tried with a rack with only one instrument in Kontakt and do not have the problem. Probably Kontakt don't like to be called during the time of loading the instruments... I hope it helps
--------------------------------------------------------------
keyboard of dDT (Dream Theater Cover band):
http://www.ddtmusic.ch

evilantal

Re: Forte 4 / Kontakt issue

Postby evilantal » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:34 am

I can confirm that Kontakt indeed doesn't like being called when loading.

Even with all samples purged, doing fast scene changes with Kontakt set to anything other than "do not load per scene"/"No" will crash it.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:19 am

I believe this may be the cause of some of the issues I've been having in F4 too: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4870

I'll try some of the steps pchanez suggested in your workaround and see if that helps... Thanks.

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:17 pm

I had similiar problems with Kontakt 5 as well, when having updated to 5.4.1 and 5.4.2. It was related with other samplers as well (Vienna Imperial in my case). I have rearranged some instruments used in Kontakt to multiple instances and it seemed to help.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”