Migration F3 to Forte 4: Scenes using jBridge loading proxy

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

DarkKman

Migration F3 to Forte 4: Scenes using jBridge loading proxy

Postby DarkKman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:45 am

Hi folks (Mike in particular I guess),

I have purchased Forte 4 and started the process of testing my scenes but the big issue I have is that any scenes which used jBridged VSTs are not being found and loading proxies instead. I think this is because of the way Forte 4 is structuring the VSTs (previously just one folder would hold VST and VST (jBridge). Now all jBridge VSTs have their own folder - which is nice for organisation but suspect this is the issue.

I have tried the copy module/replace instrument but Forte is crashing (logs sent). This is a major issue for me as a) Forte doesn't have this option for Inserts and b) I use energyXT for almost every scene and to reconfigure this is just not realistic due to the configuration held in eXT for each scene.

How can I force Forte 4 to find the jBridged VST correctly?

Thanks in advance.

***EDIT*** On second inspection I notice that the jBridge VSTs have the Vendor listed as [jBridge] (see Manage VST Plugins->VST Plugins)

AND

WaveShell is failing to load (this was fine in Forte 3) - I really don't want to export the VSTs from the shell :(

DarkKman

Re: Migration F3 to Forte 4: Scenes using jBridge loading pr

Postby DarkKman » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:16 pm

OK - Just an FYI... I tore the manual apart looking for solutions and stumbled across an OPTIONS.ini option to change the behaviour when using the jBridge checkbox back to F3.
"CreateSeparateJBridgedVSTs=1 (0 by default)"

So I've lost a little of the features but the WAVES Shell is read correctly and no issues with "missing" DLLs being replaced by proxies. Not ideal losing that nice VST organisation feature but atleast I can use with my vast array of F3 scenes using WAVES inserts and in particular EnergyXT.

dougalex

Postby dougalex » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:59 am

You checked all VST paths are included correctly in VST setup, right?

DarkKman

Postby DarkKman » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:08 am

Hey there - and thanks... Yep. When I moved from F2 to F3 I took the time to reorganise my VSTs so I had just one folder for x64 and one for x86 so keep things simple so the VST paths are exactly the same as I had before. When I reverted to the jBridge checkbox behaviour from F3 all was fine, but just loading VSTs in the F3 style so not taking advantage of F4s new VST search features... So the organisation of jBridged VSTs (and WavesShell) is not as F3 meaning can't use racks with jBridged VSTs (where Forte is doing the jBridging)...

Not a desperate issue as it works but a shame that I unless I build all my racks again I can't rescan the jBridged VSTs as F4 would want to organise them.

If anyone has any other ideas I'm happy to try out! :)

lancaster6

Postby lancaster6 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:45 pm

i had the same problem until changing the options.ini file parameter ,"CreateSeparateJBridgedVSTs=1 (0 by default)". with 500+ scenes it will be nice to start from exactly where i left off. i'm just wondering if using the old mode was a problem that needed to be fixed, and i should spend the time to rework the 4 plugins that didn't scan in the new mode? Mike?

Return to “Forte and EHCo”