forte in Action 2

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

evilantal

forte in Action 2

Postby evilantal » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:02 am

Following yamus' excellent idea to post videos of forte being used in a live situation, I'd like to also post a clip...

Here's a video of my band, Sylvium, playing one of our instrumental compositions.
Keys sounds is all VSTs hosted in forte played live (no backing track).

Thanks for the awesome community!

Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

yamus

Re: forte in Action 2

Postby yamus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:25 am

Yeah baby! Love it! Really good, thick sound. Here in Colorado one could really trip on you guys with our legal wacky. Video looks good too, good lighting. Nice! Thanks for sharing. BTW, what is that keyboard on top that you're playing the organ sound on?

evilantal

Re: forte in Action 2

Postby evilantal » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:26 am

Thanks yamus!

Loved watching your video as well, really tight band you've got. Funny how you make a mental image of forum members and then see them playing in real life :)

I think videos like these could be great advertising for forte. Maybe coupled with a walkthrough video of the forte setup to see how it's done "under the hood". Would've loved to see that when I was just getting started with forte.

The top board I'm playing in the video is a Novation ReMOTE SL 61 MKI. I love the action on it and the responsiveness of the aftertouch. It also has lots of controllers and an XY-Pad.
I switched to a Novation X-Station 61 recently, which is basically the same thing but with an onboard synth engine (same as the K-Station) and without Automap.
I don't the onboard sound though, but I figured I needed some soundsource in case of emergency laptop failure. I also use a Kawai ES100 for the same reason (backup piano, e-piano, organ, strings sound).
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Return to “Forte and EHCo”