forte in Action

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

yamus

forte in Action

Postby yamus » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Hey forte users!

Here's a link to a short video of the band I play in, now called Wash Park (formerly MJB). We're a cover band out of Denver, CO. The sound you're hearing is just a straight stereo feed off the board; no studio here (and no tracks!). It's our live sound (for better or worse). All the keyboard sounds are VSTs, and forte is the host. I've been using this setup since 2006, when I bought my Neko from Open Labs. I pretty quickly abandoned Karsyn (which was a private label version of forte) and started working with forte directly, so I could keep up with the latest version. 8 years later, still using forte. In a cover band like this, where one needs the latest sounds, it's a real testament to forte that I'm still using the same rig after all this time! I've updated the Motherboard and processor probably 6 to 8 times minimum, so it has all the latest power, but forte still rides on top!

Mike, thanks for continuing to support this great piece of software. It has, and continues to bring great personal joy to me! I have a day job, and we perform around 70 times a year on the weekends, and forte makes it all possible.

-Mike

MikeG

Re: forte in Action

Postby MikeG » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:42 pm

Mike,

Thank you much for posting this. This is great to see and I really appreciate your enthusiastic support of Forte. That band is awesome. Looks like everyone is having so much fun.

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:51 pm

You have a photo on your site playing in what looks like that little outdoor theater in Dillon. Is that it? I was there a couple of Summers ago and enjoyed a great evening listening to fun music at that scenic theater.
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

yamus

Postby yamus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:02 pm

Yes, that is Dillon, just this last summer. A guy in the audience was flying a drone taking video, and sent us that still. We weren't on stage at the time, but it was still a very cool photo. And yes, that is a beautiful venue! We played in Salida the day before, on July 4th. That was a really fun weekend!

yamus

Postby yamus » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:12 pm

Actually, that shot on our web site isn't the drone shot. Here's the drone shot:

evilantal

Postby evilantal » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:38 am

That's a great video, yamus.Thanks for that!

I'll see if I can find some footage as well :) I think this is a great testament to the utility of forte.
Lenovo Z500, quad core i7 3632QM, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, RME BabyFace, Samsung EVO SSD x2, forte 4, Kawai ES100, Kurzweil PC2, VB3, Alchemy, Kontakt 5, Omnisphere 2, Diva, ZebraHZ, Bazille, Pianoteq 5 Standard, Falcon, various effects

Return to “Forte and EHCo”