Can't Create Error Log on Crash

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

xpansion

Can't Create Error Log on Crash

Postby xpansion » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:20 pm

I am using Forte 3 32-bit. I have had some stability issues since upgrading, but I didn't really start seeing these until after I'd fully committed to using Forte 3 instead of 2. One significant issue I've run into is that when I get certain crashes, Forte can't create the error log either. I get an additional error message saying that Forte can't create an error log because there isn't enough space in the temp folder. I have over 3/4 of a terabyte drive available, so I don't think space is the issue. I thought about permissions issues, but even when I run Forte 3 as administrator I can recreate this issue fairly easily with a specific rack and pattern.

thoughts on how to resolve the first issue with error logs so I can use those for troubleshooting other issues?

thanks,

Xpansion

xpansion

Re: Can't Create Error Log on Crash

Postby xpansion » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:05 pm

I would really like to get a response to my question so I can accurately report the other issues I'm experiencing. Thoughts? Somebody?

X

MikeG

Postby MikeG » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:10 pm

I'm sorry but I don't know what causes that issue. One possibility to try is to turn off the automatic crash handler.

In your OPTIONS.INI file, see
[Troubleshooting]
UseExceptionHandler=1

Change this value to 0 and the after a restart, the next time you see a crash it will not use the Forte crash handler. Then you can submit the Windows dump file manually using https://brainspawn.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W4
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

xpansion

Postby xpansion » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:44 am

Mike,

I will try turning off the automatic crash handler and get the windows crash log submitted. I've found I can pretty easily reproduce a crash given certain actions.

thanks,

X

Return to “Forte and EHCo”