i'm wondering if forte has the ability to

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

lancaster6

i'm wondering if forte has the ability to

Postby lancaster6 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:49 am

execute a file per scene change. i have a presonus firestudio interface that is used for keys and vocals. i have a need to mute vocal signal to front of house, in order to reroute the same mic to a vocoder vst,then back to vocals on the next scene. the presonus saves files for mixes in their universal control driver software. does forte have the ability to execute a particular mix by loading a forte scene, or is it strictly midi?

beatlab

Re: i'm wondering if forte has the ability to

Postby beatlab » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:20 pm

I don´t think forte can do this, but normally there is no need to do so.
I also use Keys and Vocals over one Audiointerface with Vocoder on some Songs.
Just add an "Audio Input" for your Vocals as new Instrument to your Rack if you don´t have yet, add the Vocoder VST as Insert and make sure the Insert is only active on the scenes where you need it and bypassed on the others.
That´s the way I do it and it works without any problems.
Forte 4 64bit - Win 10 Pro |Asrock Desk Mini | i7 6700 | 32GB DDR4 | 512Gb SSD NVME Samsung Pro| RME-Babyface - Halion 5, REFX Nexus, UVI Falcon, Sampletank 3, Native B4, Vengeance Avenger

lancaster6

Re: i'm wondering if forte has the ability to

Postby lancaster6 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:39 pm

when i tried your method, i was getting a delay on my lead vocals as forte needs to process the vocal signal. maybe i was doing something wrong, but the delay was unacceptable.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”