TouchOSC templates for Forte

Post here if you are having a problem with or a question about forte that is not about a plugin or audio/MIDI hardware.

Moderator: MikeG

Bfourcade

TouchOSC templates for Forte

Postby Bfourcade » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:56 am

Starting to try TouchOSC (iPad) to control Forte remotely, and wondering if someone already have basic templates for generic Forte functions (a.k.a SceneView functionality) to share.
We could create a share point or other mechanism to share our developments. At least with the basics were everyone can extend for their unique and very personalized functions/controls and parameters needed for specific situations and use cases. Each musician has different needs and I think that's the beauty of making this extensible. (And fun for some nerds like me :)

I understand that scene data (I.e. name) is still difficult to get. But we will get there. A few years ago while creating a self contained mini module (ala Receptor :) ) I managed to get the scene name string shown by forte in rack mode (not SceneView) to display it in the USB display/control panel in the micro PC cabinet ) by using an scripting engine that allowed access to Win32 API thru scripting. So I think until OSC is supported by Forte we can manage to overcome that with a 3rd party library. But we will get there later :)

Anyways, back to the topic, anyone already started this path and want to share experiences, templates?

Best!

Bernardo

MikeG

Re: TouchOSC templates for Forte

Postby MikeG » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:37 pm

What kind of sharing/collaboration software do you think would be appropriate for this?

Mike
----------------
Mike (brainspawn)
www.brainspawn.com/support

PLEASE NOTE that the forum is not monitored as frequently as the support site above. This forum is intended primarily as a way for users to ask other users questions about the use of Forte.

Bfourcade

Postby Bfourcade » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:22 am

I have no idea :)
Open to suggestions ....

Burtan

Postby Burtan » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:29 am

Hey,

I'm extensively using Forte and I am the developer of , an OSC-Controller for android. Thus I am also looking forward to see OSC support in Forte (actually I'd love to see a "global control area").

Regarding the OSC-Controller I can deliver customized features for Forte. But I'm not very familiar with the Win32 API and don't have time to dig in it at the moment.

Return to “Forte and EHCo”